“I'd have to agree with Christopher D . . .”
Review of Annville Inn

Annville Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Annville B&B and Inns
“I'd have to agree with Christopher D . . .”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This B&B is exceptional.

whereas it seems many B&Bs have one or two of the elements - many leave Something to be desired in one area or other.

However the Anneville Inn had it ALL.

Hospitable hosts
Gorgeous property location
Numerous amenities
Culinary expertise
Comfortable accommodations

. . . from the Vista of the mountains viewed from the hot tub, to the comfort and ambiance of numerous quiet little corners on the property, both a game theater rooms, a lovely pool, everywhere the soothing sounds of fountains or doing birds, the beautiful and sprawling flower gardens all maintained by Craig and the grounds staff. . . To the delightful gourmet breakfasts effortlessly presented by Rosalie and her interior crew. The experience was exceptional and I'm certain I'll be returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seabees0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I brought my girlfriend here for her 40th birthday. It was my first experience with a B&B. And I have a major problem with it. I think it might have ruined any future B&B experience I might have anywhere else because the bar is so high. Any place will be judged against this and I'm afraid for them, they will fall short. First the place is spotless. It is huge. Breakfast both days was amazing. When we arrived there was threatening thunderstorms. I was worried that would mess up all plans for the birthday surprise, However, even if it did pour, there was still so much to do right there. The people we met there, some from Texas, some from Delaware, some from 15 minutes away, where wonderful. Rosalie is helpful and sweet with enough attention to the guests to make you feel cared for but not so much as to be over done. The flowers, the birthday cake waiting for my girlfriend after we returned from dinner, just everything was amazing. It made it hard to leave. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Great Southwest room. Adorable entrance out back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
River Edge, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Beautiful inn, rooms, and grounds. Very gracious and accommodating hosts. Fantastic patio area with built-in pool. With 3 acres of property, the owner had a bonfire going for us when we returned from dinner, so we got to sit under the stars and kept comfortable by the fire. I saved the best for last ... breakfast. Nothing ordinary about what they serve. Every morning was a gourmet meal. Quiche, yogurt fruit parfait, French toast with an orange marmalade (not all on the same day). We're already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: Two of the rooms have balconies so, depending on the time of year, you may want to ask for one of th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
River Edge, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our group took over the Inn this weekend and it was fantastic. We had a catered dinner from Chef Lisa Friday night and Craig, our host built a bonfire Saturday night. Everything was great as usual.
The Breakfast presentations are an art form as well as delicious. The grounds are beautiful and the host and hostesses are without peer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

What a great weekend getaway! Annville Inn is a lovely place to go and relax and enjoy! It was easy to find, though be aware of traffic around Harrisburg depending on where you are traveling from and the time of day. We arrived a little after 7 pm and were greeted by Lisa, who was full of knowledge and so sweet and helpful. She took us on a tour of the B&B and got us squared away with a menu, suggestions and instructions for ordering pizza for delivery. Then before she left, she made sure that we had trays, plates, napkins and everything that we needed to eat pizza and hang out in the theatre. We hung out and watched some tv and relaxed in the comfort of the theatre seats.

We were in the Secret Room, which was awesome! I won't give away the secrets, but it was so much fun and comfortable and welcoming and inviting. We instantly felt at home in there.

We were greeted the next morning in the breakfast room by Rosalie & Craig, who could not have been more sweet, genuine, caring, and wonderful! Breakfast the first morning was a German apple pancake, poached eggs, turkey sausage and fruit skewer. It was delicious and beautifully presented! The juice was also wonderful - go ahead and go for the buzz, you won't regret it :) After breakfast, Rosalie offered suggestions for activities and even gave us directions to take back roads to get to Hershey. Hershey was not far away at all and was worth the trip, even if you aren't going to the Park. As Rosalie & Craig do, we highly recommend the Hershey Trolley Tour, it is worth it and the things you learn are just amazing. Plus, it begins and ends at Chocolate World and how can that be bad???

Sunday morning's breakfast was beyond amazing! Quiche Lorraine with turkey bacon, homemade bread, a strawberry and banana and granola parfait, and a chocolate chip muffin. I had to bring the muffin home with me because I couldn't possibly eat it, but knew I didn't want it to give it up.

This is a beautiful B&B with wonderful people and I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I can only say that the Secret Room was a lot of fun and has a little outdoor sitting area off of it...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angeline C
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Annville Inn seven times. This place is amazing. Rosalie and Craig are warm, friendly innkeepers who treat you like family. Food is exquisite, rooms are wonderful. You will enjoy your stay here. We'll be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Let me start off by saying that the inn itself is very pretty. We were in the Mardi Gra room. The grounds were nice. My sister and I like to go to B & B's as weekend girls getaways. Maybe we are spoiled, but the other inn we have been to all had rooms that were way larger and way nicer than that off the Annville Inn. The main concern we had upon arrival was the heat. It was showing at 62 degrees. We were told by Craig that it just had to take a while for the cold air to get out of the room. That was around 4:30pm that we noticed that. We went around to the house and checked it out, went back to the room and it was 63. Okay..slowly going up. We went out to dinner, and while we were gone, we were told that Rosalie and Craig would be going into the room (Which was odd to begin with) to turn down the bed and take the decorative pillows. I would have thought since I mentioned my concern about the heat that they would have checked it 3 hours after we checked in to see if it went up at all. That didn't happen, we arrived back to our room to find it at 62 again. We were the only guests that night so we went into a neighboring room and got some extra blankets out of the closet there. We were never told where to find the innkeepers should there be a problem. We were given their phone number but by the time we gone done with dinner and a movie, it was after 11pm. I didn't want to call that late. As the night went on, the temperature in our room went all the way down to a whopping 53 degrees. Needless to say, we barely slept at all. The next morning, we were asked how we slept, I said not well at all and told the innkeepers why. They turned it around and made it seem as though it was our fault that we didn't notify them. WHICH WE DID! They said they would have moved us to another room, however, as I was getting ready to pull out of the driveway after check out, I got a knock on my door from Craig and it turns out that the heating unit outside the house was frozen solid, hence why we had no heat. They gave us a $25 gift certificate towards our next stay to make up for the trouble, however, it will not be used. Also, there were sooo many rules. We aren't totally clueless and yet, it was a 10 minute explanation for how to turn the TV on in the movie room and on how to dim the lights. It was not needed. We were not impressed at all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Rosalie G, Owner at Annville Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Our number one goal is guest comfort and pleasure. Everything we do at our Inn is focused on guest happiness. These guests enjoyed our movie room, the hot tub, complimented us on a delicious breakfast, and they themselves selected our Inn's smallest room. Their welcome letter in their room and the sign on our registration desk tell how to reach us.

We were thrilled to have them here and really thought they were wonderful people. We were dismayed when we learned the room was cold, and so sorry they took it as we blamed them. That was not in our heart at all. Unknown to us, due to the subzero weather outside, the brand new heat pump unit that warms their room had no heat in the air to "pump" back into their room. We were shocked it hadn't worked in the night and felt that giving them a gift certificate was something we could do to help make up for the inconvenience. We sincerely expressed to them how sorry we were and commiserated with them about the situation. Our intent is always that our guests have a wonderful visit, and we are most regretful that the weather froze up our unit. The HVAC company told us that on that night, heat pumps failed all over our region. From now on, we'll be on our guard for unseasonably cold weather and have alternate room heating methods ready. We are so sorry these guests were unhappy. No doubt that one thing could cast a pall over everything else, no matter how wonderful it all was. These were very nice people, and we are sorry our frozen unit offended them, and we understand.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annville
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
The Patriot House
The Patriot House
#1 of 2 in Annville

Been to Annville Inn? Share your experiences!