“Above Average, Below Great”
Review of Golden Bowl

Golden Bowl
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: A luxurious and elegant sit-in/takeout restaurant bought to you by the owners of Golden China.Enjoy our lusciously exquisite food made by our excellent cooks and served by our refined waiters.
New York City, New York
1,020 restaurant reviews
“Above Average, Below Great”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is my go to Chinese restaurant in this area. You can catch me here at least once a week having lunch and we eat plenty of take out from here as well.
I can say I have never had a bad meal here. The meals here run to above average to very good. The service is always friendly and welcoming.
A lot of the time it's not very busy and I have even been here when I am the only one eating here. Sad because a lot of people hop over to Bryn Mawr for Chinese food and I think this place is better.
The space is nice, modern, open with lots of light from the large windows looking out to the street. Good choice for Chinese food on the Mainline.

• Visited April 2014

Orange Park, Florida
“Average to good”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I wish they had a GOOD instead of going from average to very good. First of all the decor is lovely, clean and not the usual Chinese style decor. We had the bowl soups, which were average. You get a salad on the side which was okay. I wish I would have gotten a different entree and not the soup bowl but it wS a chilly day and wanted something hot. The portions were quite big. I have definitely been to better and also much worse.

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a good, family-run place. It features more than Chinese food, all done well. This diversity shows up best in their selection of large soups. I partucularly like the watercress dumplings (steamed, that is). There is also a good number of Chinese food "standards" for the less adventuresome. It is easy to come back again and again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank oldsailor47
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Great Asian Food in Ardmore”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We eat at Golden bowl quite often. They recently made some changes to their menu and brought in a new chef. The dumplings were amazing. The dumplings had just the right texture-not doughy-and the filling had the right amount of seasoning. I had the clams in black bean sauce which was wonderful and my husband had one of the new entrees-duck with seven colors which was quite tasty. As always the phoenix roll was fabulous. We are looking forward to tasting many more of the new items.

• Visited October 2013
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Don't get the five stars.”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I eat and know good chinese, vietnamese, and korean all the time...This is none of the above. I was so put off by my first experience that I will not try again...there are much better options in the area.

• Visited July 2012