“New Bombay Grill, Formerly Khjuraho Inda”
Review of Khajuraho India - CLOSED

Khajuraho India
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Pakistani
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We've been going every Saturday night that we are able to over the last year. Even through their remodeling and renaming, it was formerly the Khajuraho India restaurant. We once brought our teenage sons and they enjoyed it but my husband and I decided we liked it as a date night place for just us. We've never tried the Lunch Buffet, just Saturday night dinners. As I have lots of food allergies and issues, I have been very happy how they are willing to work with me to get the perfect dish for me. As it turns out what I get isn't even on the menu but they are always eager to make it for me and are eager to please. Neither my husband or I like hot spicey food, we like spices but not HOT spices, and they are very good at making it the hotness you want. Their naan breads are all delicious. My husband loves their Shrimp Briyani and I order vegetable Tikka Masala. My husband also loves their special passionate hot tea. For dessert we get their homemade cheese balls in a delicious milky sauce. It's a BYOB so that is great. The Indian music is wonderful and the staff is very accommodating, always eager to please. We love it when Babu, the co-owner chef gives us our traditional Indian bow farewell. We can't wait to go back.
Best of luck to Shahid and Babu on the success of the New Bombay Grill Indian Restaurant

2  Thank J-Oxnop

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This restaurant used to be excellent. I think it is under new ownshipip now, and the food is terrible. I tried the buffet, and most dishes tasted watered down. I've gotten take out a few times and that was not good either. Their prices are higher than most Indian restaurants and the parking is a pain (most parking is available in the lot across the street). There is hardly anyone in there when you go in. I would be surprised if they stay in business. The ambiance is the best part, but why go for only the ambiance?? Amans Indian Restaurant in Norristown is excellent, or Tiffin in Bryn Mawr and Wynnewood...

2  Thank Cin4513
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Our first experience with this restaurant. Food was well-prepared and served in a timely manner. Service was excellent. Will go back again.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Regular style, nothing over the top, clean, well populated on a Fri night by couples/some kids, ---hour or so later you will remember the meal...use your imagination here....

Not needing a repeat visit.

Total for 4---BYO---$120---fair price

2  Thank Patrick201
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had a great meal here. One person the the Chicken Tikka Masala and I had the Chicken Korma. Both were delicious as was the Naan. I saw other wonderful looking (and smelling) plates going by to other tables. My only complaint is that the prices are high. We had an extra bowl of rice and that cost more than $6. Maybe basmati rice is expensive, I don't know. However, our entire meal with a 20 percent tip came to $50 for two people. We only drank water! That's a lot more than I would usually spend on a casual mid-week meal.

Nevertheless, the food was very good and the service was prompt and cheerful.

2  Thank Phoebe B