“always delicious their mushroom soup is great & their fried oysters as well” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McCloskey's Restaurant

McCloskey's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse, Irish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
“always delicious their mushroom soup is great & their fried oysters as well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

always love to go here their food is special their meat loaf, turkey platter, mushroom soup is fab. Always pleasant service owner is always there to assist.

• Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good casual meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We walked in early on a Saturday night and were seated right away. Food was very good, service was fine and it was a very pleasant evening. Very good filet mignon and soft shell crabs (in season).

• Visited June 2014
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Good food and nice ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went here for a coworker's birthday; the food was good, served quickly despite it being lunchtime, and reasonably priced. The only downside was my Caesar salad which was so drenched in dressing, the Romaine leaves needed wiping off. I do understand that Caesar comes dressed, and have eaten my share of it over the years, but this was a bit much.

Our server was lovely and attentive, and everyone else enjoyed their meals very much.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Saturday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I took a Saturday morning trip down the Lincoln Highway toward Philadelphia. We ended up stopping in Ardmore for lunch. When we arrived we were told to choose a table, which is always fine with me. The waitress was attentive, and responded to our needs. The tap list was good, but not great. I had the meatball sandwich and my wife had a salad with shrimp. The sandwich was good, and my wife really enjoyed the salad. A nice to stop, but nothing great.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tom B
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite local restaurant, actually - it IS my favorite restaurant! The food is excellent. The service is amazing. The crowd is lively, yet considerate and friendly. I like Paddy, Kim and Sean. Coming here is like visiting old friends. You know what to expect but each time you visit you wonder why it has taken you so long to return. This is the place I equate with "home". Beside the great people here the burgers are super, the Sheperd's Pie huge and tasty and I love the daily fish dinners, amazing.

Visited March 2014