“Excellent Service, Outstanding Food”

Thai Pepper Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Ardmore
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My family and I come to Thai Pepper all the time. All of the staff welcomes us every time we walk in. All of the people that work here seem very friendly. A restaurant is great when it has good service but what really makes a good restaurant a restaurant, is the food. The food here is fantastic. Some of my personal favorites are the spring rolls which have a nice crispy, yet mot to greasy texture, and the red curry chicken which has great flavor. I am never let down when I come here and I can say for sure that this is a restaurant for anyone who enjoys Thai food.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I love to go there. We both love the food, plus the fact the waitress we usually get is so nice, and they always make the food spicy as requested. BUT......sitting there one night I couldn't believe my eyes, or my ears. It was the first night we had seen this waiter. Lets call him a red headed step child. I'm being polite. Why did they hire this guy? It's a Thai restaurant. Anyway, I watch in disbelief as he chases a customer to the curb of Lancaster ave. he leaves the restaurant to yell at her as she gets back to her car. (Did I do something wrong, he yells) he throws the tip back at her, accusing her of not having enough money to properly tip him. Love the place, and the food......love it spicy too.....lose the red headed, freckled step child. He needs to come off the menu.

2  Thank GladwynePaHubris
Reviewed 31 July 2012

BYOB but a $20 corking fee??? Come on! That's more than the wine! The food was good, but not great. The Thai Pepper in Wayne, much better. There is another, better " Thai Princess" just a few doors down. It is less fancy than the Thai Pepper, I like it better.

1  Thank 2292_blue
Reviewed 2 November 2011

On November 2, my four friends and I (5) went to Thai Pepper to celebrate a birthday. I had never had Thai food so I was excited to give it a try. We arrived and found out that the restaurant was a combination of two restaurants Japanese and Thai. We had no problem with that except that the menu was not divided between Thai and Japanese food ; the two cuisines were combined and it was difficult to find Thai dishes. The offerings were mostly Japanese. Our waiter was not very knowledgable about the dishes, he did not know what the sauces on the dishes were made of , he took our orders, the appetizers came out fine, but he got one of the entres wrong. He never came back to offer additional drinks or refills. The food was disappointing. I ordered sweet and sour chicken, it was more sweet, like a very sweet syrup was poured over the chicken. We all ordered different entrees and they all were disappointing.
When we asked about desserts, we were not giiving menus, and our waiter rushed through the dessert selections. When we questioned him on a couple of items, he wasn't able to tell us what the dessert was. For example "a sphere of something that is like whip cream but doesn't taste like whip cream and is not whip cream "( he didn't know what it was)with vanilla ice cream in the center.
The real shock was when the check came and a 20% tip was added. We usual tip 20% or more for excellent service. He would have gotten 15%. We paid the 20% He got a lot of change. I will be making a call to the manager tomorrow and needless to say we will not be going back to Thai Pepper or its Japanese counterpart..

Reviewed 8 May 2008

We have been going to Thai Pepper for years and never had a bad meal here. Tum Yum Soup, Pad Thai, Curry Chicken, etc. I love them all. You can also order good sushi and other Japanese items from Mikado (the two restaurants are adjoining and you can order off either menu). Service is good, and the prices are moderate. I highly recommend it!