“No compassion”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Ripley, West Virginia
“No compassion”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We checked in on Sat excited to be going to The Masters. Late Sat my father was admitted to he hospital and he died. We checked out and it was a 2day reservation with no refund and there was no exception, even death of a father. I understand it was a special weekend but the motel was not full. The rate was already greatly increased $167 a night for a very small and run down room. No Masters for us just grief and lack of compassion by management. AAA even called them trying to get a refund for the second night. Do you really want to give your $ to greedy, heartless owners?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 209Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hamburg, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

1. Pool was unusable, not sure if that was the time of year or it's natural state.
2. The deadbolt on the door did not work. Eek!
3. The room reeked of bleach, from the bathroom to the sheets. At least it was clean, with minimal chances of bedbugs. But it smelled like they were trying to hide a dead body!
4. The vending machine was out of order, and had been for a long time according to the front desk. We were told to go to the hotel behind us. Next time we will just stay there, instead!

• Stayed April 2014
1261118, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
We are so sorry you were disappointed with your stay.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My reservation for 1 night in January and 1 in February was messed up. They booked me for 2 nights in January on the same night. Desk guy wasn't at the desk when I tried to check in. Had to wait in my car until he returned. Desk guy wasn't able to switch the double reservation for 1 room in January and 1 room in February. He called the manager who was to get back to me the next day. I've called several times but Manager never returned my calls.
Impossible to find rooms in dark as you drive around the building. Can't see room numbers. Have to pull car in and put car lights on high.
Lousy breakfast choices. Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
dos155, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We do apologize you did not enjoy your stay. In response to your reservation, you made the reservation on line through the Choice Reservation System. We did not do it here at the hotel. This was made on November 18, 2013 and you didn't confirm your dates to see if you made them correctly. Our Front Desk Staff was helping another guest at the time of your arrival. He did check you in and your wait was minimal. As for breakfast all other guests seem to love the hot breakfast that we offer daily including bacon and sausage. We have not had any complaints.
As far as a manger getting back to you the next day it was explained to you that you made an Advance Purchase rate and rules clearly state it is nonrefundable. There wasn't anything the manager could do. Again please accept our apologizes but in the future we do hope you confirm your reservations before your arrival at the hotel where possibly something could have been done to help you with the error you made.

Travellers are raving about these Aiken hotels

Alabama
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years and always had a pleasant experience. We normally check in late and have always been greeted by a friendly clerk and the rooms are always clean and adequate. The parking lot in the back needs better lighting, but other than that I've never had any complaints. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
dos155, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review on the Clarion Inn & Suites. Yes we do pride ourselves on service and we are glad you enjoyed our southern hospitality. We are looking into the lighting in the rear of the hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We also look forward to you coming back again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The first hotel room smelt like wet dog then we got another room it was better but wasn't to my likening. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were cold it was perfect. Breakfast was good. There was mold on the door which was discussing. Some of the furniture was damp. It's a little shabby I wouldn't recommend for someone to stay there !!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janelle M
dos155, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for the review. We value your opinion and will look into this matter both good and unforeseen.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family wanted to meet for a reunion in Aiken SC. One of the family member have never been to Aiken and stayed at the Clarion Inn got the booking information. I have experienced staying in the Clarion Hotels before in Orlando Fl, but nothing like this. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I had three rooms booked but had to move to another room because of the wet damp smell and not to say the mold in the rooms and around the doors. OMG!!!!!!!! The hall way smelled as well. I wanted to move to another hotel but because of my dad other family members were coming he wanted to stay. Another family member came in late and had to move three times to a different room, she was so disappointed because this is what she did for a living booking hotels but not this one. We plan to come to Aiken again but will NEVER stay at the Clarion Inn again, it need updating. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very disappointing. I don't know who posted these reviews before but if anyone don't believe me go and see for yourself. Not to say, the key stop working for a couple of rooms had to get the maintenance to come fix it . The Girls at the front desk where very helpful. Wish I could have gotten credit for my stay but it's ok know what to do.

Room Tip: Sleep Inn rooms are large and very clean. In walking distance to restaurants and Wal-Mart. On the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clementine B
We thank you for your review. We value your opinion and we look into the matter both good and the unforeseen.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The staff went out of their way to be helpful and kind. All our rooms were clean and fresh. The location was nice because we could walk across the street to Applebee's and The Fresh Market. Breakfasts were very good and offered plenty of choices. I would absolutely recommend staying there for a reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family