“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Atlanta
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel was new, nice and clean! The staff was friendly and the housekeepers went above and beyond the call of duty! The front desk staff was GREAT as well! If my daughter plays in antoher tournament in that area; this is definetly where I will be!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the HIlton Garden Inn Aiken. I am happy to see that you had a good experience with us. We value your business and your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. We wish you safe travels and good luck to your daughter with her golf game!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I love this hotel, its clean the staff is friendly and its right where I need to be in town. I 've eaten dinner her and I have enjoyed. I wished they had in-room movie, but hey nobody is perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I am a crazy person when it comes to staying in hotels. I really feel uncomfortable in the Hampton Inns/Holiday Inn Expresses, etc. The Hilton Gardens Inn is along the same type of hotel/motel, but I will tell you I was very comfortable in this one. The room was a nice size, it was clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was GREAT! We arrived late in the evening and there was no issue checking in. I noticed immediately i would need extra pillows. We called down and they brought them right up.
My husband is a big breakfast guy. He, and I, thought the breakfast was fine. He got his eggs freshly made as did I. It was a bit of a wait but we were not in a major hurry.,. If we were in a hurry we would have eaten off the menu or gone out for breakfast.
Since it was our first experience in a Hilton Garden Inn we used it as a guide for the rest of our road trip when we needed somewhere to stay off the highway. So far we have been in 3 of them and we were satisfied.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn AIken. I am happy to see that our hotel was a good fit for your travel needs. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We wish you safe future travels!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family and I stayed here for the weekend before the 4th of July 2011. We stayed here for the location of this property and because they are a new hotel. I have to tell you I travel monthly for my business and stay in AIKEN SC often. I have to tell you from check in to check out it was a nightmare. Not enough towels in the room and none at the front desk was actually told we do not have any clean right now? What? the hotel was only half full. The room was clean and the hotel in new...however they need to get it together. THe worst of all was the food. DO Not Eat here or buy their horrible breakfast plan. The buffet was full of left over dried up food it was if a group of football player came in made a mess of it scraped their plates of leftovers back into the buffet dishes and intended to reserve this quality of food. The second morning we tried the breakfast that is included in our room package again and I ordered Eggs over medium a fairly quik thing to ccok well let me tell you we waited and waited 35 minutes later and only one other couple in the restaurant I had to ask what is taking so long. The waitress and cook had been byt the serving window laughing and laughing at this point i did not know about what???Well she finally brought my eggs and I asked did they have to wait for the chicken to hatch or what she told me the cook could not make they with our breaking them they had a bad pan... PLEASE...I asked why she did not come tell me as we had plans to meet friends at a local church for service. She then just shrugged her shoulders and said well I am not the cook ...not sure what she meant. I then provided a survey that this property sent me and gave them my honest opinnion only to be contacted by Jacqui -- Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing for this hotel group she seemed to want to make things right after my bad experience and I told her I may try their property again if she picked up the tab this time when I was back in the area on business without my wife and kids. She seemed to want to accommodate me well much to my surprise she offered me a room for 124 a night plus tax with a chance for an upgrade not sure what that meant as if maybe she was going to charge me full price for a regular room and put me in a suite in which i did not need traveling alone on business. Again even the head of this hotel group has no idea how to treat a customer. I would not be back to this property until they get it right. They have no idea about hospitality nor southern hospitality. A Hilton Honnors member and concerned traveler. This property needs to have better management and properly trained staff.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel in Aiken
2 Thank Knezuh
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with while staying with us. I do appreciate you taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are aware that there are many other places to stay in Aiken and hope we are able to earn back your return business.

Thank you for sharing the details about our breakfast service. You are correct, it is unacceptable to have to wait for 30 minutes for breakfast and the food should be fresh, not dried up and unappetizing. We have addressed your concerns with the staff and adjustments have been made. We do take all the feedback we receive and develop action plans immediately to correct any service or product deficiencies brought to our attention. Guest feedback allows us to stay focused on what matters most to our guests.

We value your business and your feedback very much. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again the next time you are in Aiken. We would like a chance to dazzle you.
Chapin, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed here 2 nights for a horse show. Room was clean and oh so comfy! Pool was clean as well. This is my new place to stay when in Aiken!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm for the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken with future Aiken travelers. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the horseshow while you were in town. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aiken in the near fuutre and wish you safe travels.
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I came to Aiken on business, and I was so tired that day but when I got back to the hotel there was live music, .99c beer and the best wings in Aiken just .50c thanks to chef Ram great job on the wing. Also talk to Alison at the front desk and she told me that its every Wednesday , a must if your in Aiken see you on my next visit to Aiken.
sincerely.. MaZera

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiasm for our hotel. I am so happy to see that you enjoy our hotel and wing night. It is true that every Wednesday is Wing Night. If there is anything that we can do to make your future stays even better please let us know. We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you again soon. Be sure to make your reservation early though, Wednesday nights are always busy!
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I am a Hilton rewards club member and stay in alot of Hiltons, this was one of the best ever. It was clean, quiet even though there was big tennis tornament going on. The workout center had new equipment but could have used some weights. Our room was spotless, bedding clean, the bathroom had everything you needed.
The staff most helpful and pleasant from the manager to the housekeepers.
We will stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to know that you had a great experience with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your return.