“Not High Speed Internet (0.50Mbps)”

Hilton Garden Inn Aiken
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I would have given this great hotel a perfect score, except for the Internet service was NOT high speed as advertised. Users are capped to 0.50Mbps as validated on numerous speed tests during a consecutive four night stay in Jan 2012 by myself and two other co-workers staying on different floors. Talked with service provider, and they verified the problem was with the hotel setup. The problem is just compounded if you need to VPN. Until they improve their system, be prepared to resort to cell phone tether.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken. I am pleased to see that you had a good experience with us. I am sorry to see that you and experienced challenges with our HSIA. I do appreciate you sharing these details so we can address the issue with the provider. If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know. We value your business and your feedback.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Very nice hotel. Check in was fast; room was very clean and new-looking; staff very friendly. Room service was prompt. One of the staff members helped my son tie his tie correctly before we went to a church service. Good coffee-- we did not eat breakfast. I was comfortable here and would return; and will recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken. I am pleased to see that you had a good experience with us and that our staff took great care of you. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime we wish you safe travels and much success.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I spent 2 nights at this hotel while on business. It is a standard Hilton Garden Inn but has two pluses. First, the staff were extremely nice and helpful. They went way out of their way to be friendly and helpful. One person in our party had some confusion about the rate and the desk clerk immediately solved the problem with no hassle. Second, it is right by a mall. So, lots of restaurant choices and if you want to get in some shopping, you can easily walk over. Rooms were clean and everything in the room worked. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience with us. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and your helpful descriptions about out locations and hope this will help other trip advisor users make informed decisions about their future stays in Aiken. I hope will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. We wish you safe travels and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I was visiting family in Aiken for a surprise party and was glad to see how centralized the location of this hotel is compared to many attractions. The movie theater is adjacent to the hotel and is only separated by a parking lot shoulder. We came in on a Saturday evening and I was pleasantly impressed with the overall appearance of the facilty and its staff. Well lit and bright. The room was clean as you would expect. The computed chair is awesome and I actually preferred sitting in it for most of time that we spent in the room. I liked the bathroom because it was relativly large and had plenty of counter space. The 180 degree pivoting shower door was quite nice and access in and out of the shower was pleasant. My only complaint about the shower was the mounted soap dish which faced the mirror and took away from what was a roomy shower. The pillows were a total disaster! There was no support for our necks and they seemed "too worn".
Being that we checked in on a Saturday afternoon, we were concerned about eating because of the weekend traffic and known wait at any restaurant we would visit. The hotel restaurant was well recieved. I ordered the pork chops and my wife ordered the cordon bleu. It was well seasoned, albeit "well" could have been be easily "liberal". But the food was satisfying and there was no doubt the mashed potatoes were real and not instant. Breakfast was satisfying as well but nothing out of this world. The service at the restaurant coul dhave been a few strides quicker since there were only 8 patraons there including my wife and I.
I would immediately choose this hotel as my primary choice for any encounter I have in Aiken again with hesitation. The value was exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MVillegas
JacquiRRose, Corporatate Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken for the Trip Advisor community. Your feedback is much appreciated. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you will be our guest again in the future. We will inspect all of our pillows and replace any that are worn. Thank you for letting us know. If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel was new, nice and clean! The staff was friendly and the housekeepers went above and beyond the call of duty! The front desk staff was GREAT as well! If my daughter plays in antoher tournament in that area; this is definetly where I will be!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the HIlton Garden Inn Aiken. I am happy to see that you had a good experience with us. We value your business and your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. We wish you safe travels and good luck to your daughter with her golf game!

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I love this hotel, its clean the staff is friendly and its right where I need to be in town. I 've eaten dinner her and I have enjoyed. I wished they had in-room movie, but hey nobody is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I am a crazy person when it comes to staying in hotels. I really feel uncomfortable in the Hampton Inns/Holiday Inn Expresses, etc. The Hilton Gardens Inn is along the same type of hotel/motel, but I will tell you I was very comfortable in this one. The room was a nice size, it was clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was GREAT! We arrived late in the evening and there was no issue checking in. I noticed immediately i would need extra pillows. We called down and they brought them right up.
My husband is a big breakfast guy. He, and I, thought the breakfast was fine. He got his eggs freshly made as did I. It was a bit of a wait but we were not in a major hurry.,. If we were in a hurry we would have eaten off the menu or gone out for breakfast.
Since it was our first experience in a Hilton Garden Inn we used it as a guide for the rest of our road trip when we needed somewhere to stay off the highway. So far we have been in 3 of them and we were satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn AIken. I am happy to see that our hotel was a good fit for your travel needs. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know. We wish you safe future travels!