“amazing!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aiken
General Elliott Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Love! Love! Love! This is such an AMAZING INN!Rooms are elegant, Food is EXCELLENT, Staff was extremely professional, And the owners Kay (Chef) and Steve (Bartender) are so gracious and accommodating! Thank you so so much for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool, but if there were it would be Excellent Im sure of it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Peaceful setting well appointed and great food. Location is great being across from polo fields and the ambiance of horses

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I am a repeat patron to the General Elliot Inn and have stayed primarily during the Master's Tournement but have also stayed two other times. Twice during the summer while passing through on business. Each time I can say all was so very consistent and their menu and rooms very inviting. You can always bank on the fact their standards are the same....perfect. The atmosphere/surroundings, accomodations, meals and service are excellent and have neither had a bad meal or bad experience in any way. Upon checking out, felt completely relaxed and ready for my new business challenges.

So for me, whether for a quick get away or a more deliberate trip such as The Master's, I have had nothing but the best of experiences. The General Elliott is absolutely the best as are the hosts/owners Kay and Steve. As I travel for a living can say with confidence it is always refreshing stepping away from the commodity hotels that all look the same in liew of some place you always know you have been to. The other comment I wanted to make is that whether they entertain guests for dinner at their restaurant or have other guests as a Bed and Breakfast, have always found the guests to be very interesting, accomplished and engaging in great conversation. It is certainly a place I have enjoyed and look forward to the chance to get back to when I can.

I- Jet Xf133

Room Tip: I have stayed in two of the rooms and found each very inviting and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while in town for the Masters. The Inn is surrounded by beautiful natural grounds and directly across from a horse farm which made the drive to it very nice. The rooms are nicely appointed. The bed was really, really comfortable and we really slept well. The bathrooms have decadant soaps, shampoos and an endless supply of fresh, soft towels. Dinner was outstanding - two types of delicious ravioli (cheese and short ribs!) with a homemade sauce for each one that complemented nicely. For breakfast we had made to order omelets, sausage, a nice selection of fresh fruit, fresh sliced tomatoes. Can't say enough how delicious everything was. Kay has an amazing touch in the kitchen. Both Steve and Kay are incredibly gracious hosts and we had a wonderful time in the late afternoon/early evening enjoying their quaint bar and lively conversation. Steve mixes a powerful cocktail! One of my favorite things about the Inn was the good old fashioned Southern wrap around porch. There are lots of table and chairs and shade. It was a nice spot to hang out to get some work done and equally as nice to sit and socialize. We are really looking forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite if it is available. Unfortunately, it wasn't when we were but we did get to s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My fiance and I have stayed at this Inn several times, and definitely plan on going back! Steve and Kay (owners) have turned this beautiful house into a warm, welcoming, very comfortable Bed & Breakfast with that "at home" feel we were looking for. We actually ate dinner here after exploring Aiken for the day, and realized the food is equally fantastic. A nice range of choices...Prime Rib was phenomenal, Lamb Chops were outstanding, and Kay's special Ceasar salad is one that my fiance still speaks of. Wait staff was also very polite and accomodating. The house is beautifully kept - very clean and comfortable. High end lotions/shampoos in the bedrooms for those who appreciate the little touches. Steve is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Aiken as well - we were pleased to hear some interesting stories about the town and it's historic roots. Fantastic place to spend your time if you're looking for comfort and superb hospitality.

Room Tip: A detached cottage is also available.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and I stayed 3 nites in April 2010 in the cottage. The outbuilding, called a cottage, is very satisfactory in space and supplies and worked well for us. Enjoyed having a communal living room to gather, free wifi was nice to have. Bedding is standard issue.
The main house is lovely, the hosts are friendly and gracious and the countryside is beautiful. What's missing is an element of luxury or extra-special touches. Breakfast was served from 7:30-8:00am--an unusually limited and early time for any inn, B & B or hotel. Breakfasts and snacks were satisfactory but ordinary i.e. packaged muffins, "lunchmeat" type ham, tostitos and refrigerated guacamole for the cocktail snacks etc. We did not have dinner at the inn. When asked about a coffee shop in town, Steve didn't seem to know of any but we--fortunately--discovered for ourselves the delicious homemade food and fresh ground coffee at Moon Beams on the main street thru town.
Aiken is lovely---picturesque main street, some shops with unusual products, a great brew pub with very good food and beer, the previously mentioned coffee shop is super. Didn't have time to visit a museum which we would do ordinarily but guide books give background for the area which is quite interesting. Had a phenomenal dinner at the Wilcox Inn which is a grand and gorgeous place--highly recommended by all 4 of us along with the brew pub and coffee shop.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple