“Salmon is awesome -”

Ranked #10 of 188 Restaurants in Aiken
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: After three years of extensive renovations to make the turn of the century horse stables (one of four in America) into a beautiful and cozy place for diners, The Stables Restaurant at Rose Hill Estate opened in the fall of 2009. The restaurant and catering is directed by two experienced and creative culinary school graduates. The Dinner menu is freshly prepared with premium ingredients featuring seafood, steaks, plus German and Italian dishes. A smaller menu is available for casual dining in the bar, screened porch, patio and beer garden. The Stables Restaurant moves to the Mansion Inn from Dec 31-March 17 featuring a Small Plate variety.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Started with the lobster napoleon and then followed with the baked salmon wrapped in puff pastry. Excellent service and great atmosphere. Just a great gem and delightful evening

1  Thank Nancy J

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Dined at The Stables with my daughter who was visiting and we both had to try the Shrimp and Grits based on reviews - they were excellent! The restaurant is a "must see" since it is located in the original Stables to the estate. We did have the opportunity to meet the owner who shared the history of the property.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went as a recommendation from our friends. They set our expectations pretty high.
This did not live up to what we expected although it was nice. we may go back, but will try others first. Food ok,but not many choices. Service ok, but a server was 'green'.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been here on many different occasions and every time I have not been disappointed. My favorite meals are the Shrimp & Grits and the Hanger Steak, but I have never had a bad meal at this place. I have had the opportunity to see behind the scenes and observe how the kitchen is run and I can guarantee that the food is made fresh and comes from fresh ingredients. If you come here then you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Sara J
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Stables is incredible, we are from Columbia SC and the drive is totally worth it. The lobster macaroni and cheese was to die for...the food is creative and delicious!!! Everything from the atmosphere to dessert is unique and interesting. The chef even came to our table during one visit and described the specials to us. Everything is homemade and the creativity of the chef is unreal!!! I recommend it to all of my patients, no matter where they live!