“YES Fairfield Inn & Suites! Great experience.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
University Park, Md
“YES Fairfield Inn & Suites! Great experience.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Fairfield Inn & Suites on Aiken's Colony Parkway was gets five stars and high-fives. An ice storm had devastated the region days before, and the patrons -- including me -- were grumpy, dirty, and impatient. But not for long, because the staff's eagerness to solve anyone's problems and create a comfortable environment put a smile on everybody's face.
Each staff member went the extra mile to make things right for guests. Cynthia Green, the front office manager, listened carefully to each concern before she set about righting it, and she bent over backwards to fulfill requests. Mark Forest, who worked his tail off at each breakfast, greeted each guest with a heartfelt greeting and a warm, positive attitude. Anything complaint, no matter how outlandish, he took seriously and did his best to right.
I highly recommend this hotel because its staff is exceptional. They work hard to creatively solve clients' needs, especially in the post-crisis situation in which my husband and I found ourselves. The employees' good-natured willingness to cater to people was not lost on me or my husband. Like us, a lot of the other guests there found their stay here not only pleasant, but fun! Thank you Fairfield Marriott.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ffi_agsfs_gm, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for such a great review. Our hotel takes great pride in creating a friendly and happy atmosphere. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the midst of a crisis and hope that you will stay with us again in the future under better circumstances.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 February 2014

A group of us were trapped in the hotel because of a recent ice storm. I have to say that the hotel staff went beyond their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Cynthia at the front desk was fantastic and the guy in charge of setting up breakfast "McGyvered" his way into preparing breakfast and coffee without power in the hotel. I would definitely recommend the hotel for their outstanding customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for commenting on our hotel. Although, we dislike that you were trapped by an ice storm, we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff takes great pride with making our guests as comfortable as possible-even with a power outage. Please come back and visit again soon.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I found this hotel to be a gem! First of all, they have great staff.Cynthia Green is the front office manager and she does an excellent job. What I especially liked about all the staff is their knowledge of the area. These people know the area and the restaurants. I really get tired of asking a hotel desk clerk about a local attraction or restaurant and they tell me they don't live in the area and have no idea. That is not what you will find at this hotel.

Also, the workout room is nicely maintained and so is the pool and spa. I was only at the hotel 2 nights, but I used the workout room and spa both nights. The breakfast provided in the morning, is well, those typical breakfasts, nothing special, but the price is right.

When my travels take me back to Aiken, this is where I will stay, clean, comfortable, quiet rooms and good cable tv. I like to work at night in the room and I enjoy the variety of stations offered in this hotel. Give this place a try, I seriously doubt that you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: This really isn't about a good room, but rather avoid the restaurant across the parking lot/stre...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 678855
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to Aiken.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

There weren't a ton of options in Aiken, but this was a pleasant surprise. This Fairfield is an updated to the brand's newer decor and character. All was clean and comfortable, staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The property is set back from the street and surrounded by trees - peaceful, but just be aware for security issues - a little secluded,and there's an adjacent motel that's not as nice. What is adjacent and nice is a Fresh Market. Everything else is a short and easy drive. My only beef - there wasn't a full-length mirror! I had to stand on the bed in order to do an outfit check.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ffi_agsfs_gm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for commenting on The Fairfield Inn and Suites Aiken. It is so nice to hear that our guests feel comfortable with us. I understand your frustration regarding the mirror and we hope to have that issue alleviated during our next renovation. Happy New Year, We hope to see you soon.
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The rooms are great and the people are better then the rooms. Please stay here you won't regret it. We will be back. They have a great breakfast. Which Mark does a great job keeping clean and stocked with goodies.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ffi_agsfs_gm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn ans Suites Aiken. Mark takes great pride in his work. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future
Vermont
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Now a regular when visiting daughter at USCA. The front desk staff is wonderful both weekdays and weekends. Helpful and friendly. After four stays in the last 8 months, we are recognized each time. There is a nice gym and pool but the better running is out the door and down the side street to the park with a 1 mile jogging loop.

Hotel has been clean and well cared for each time. We don't even look for other choices in Aiken.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ffi_agsfs_gm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. The best to you and yours in 2014. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was great just like most if my Marriott experiences. Great Service! My TV remote disappeared and front desk brought me a new one immediately.

Fitness area needs to fix the elliptical machine and add more than 25lbs weights. Food and cleanliness was perfect for me.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SalesDad
ffi_agsfs_gm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review regarding the Fairfield Inn and Suites Aiken. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Our engineering department will respond to your concerns regarding the fitness center. We look forward to having you be our guest in the near future. Happy Holidays!