“Poor Customer Service Ever!!”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Guest Inn
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Poor Customer Service Ever!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My kids grandfather got a room for my mama and my children to enjoy the pool because it was very hot... when my children and I approached the pool, the manager came out with an attitude and asked what room we came out of, and I told him, he then told me that my kids and I couldn't get in the pool because we were guest of their guest. When I got back in the room and reported what the manger told me about us being able to get in the pool, he got real nasty and rude with my mother and hung in her face, not once but twice.. The customer service there is very poor and I would not recommend it for anyone to enjoy themselves at their (guesthouse) expense. The small pool that was there was filled with bugs and straw an other things on the floor. I wouldn't want to deal with anyone's attitude, especially when your running a motel that you would want people to come back to and you think its ok to talk to anyone any kind of way. Just poor customer service and too much attitudes to deal with.

Room Tip: If anything, go to another place and not this place. Their attitude and how they talk to people is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Le'Peaches N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First off, I was told the I could bring my dog, and the total for one night would be $47. WHAT A DEAL. When I arrived, I was charges $60. What ever. No big deal.

The room smelled like a dirty ashtray. I've stayed in rooms that have been smoked in before, but this was horrible. IF you ever think of staying here, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.

I am not sure about the dry brown stuff on the bathroom door, but it looking liked it had dripped down the front and back of the door, and there was hair stuck to it too.

I stayed in the back of the Hotel, and it looked like there was an older building that used to be part of the hotel. There was a silver Dodge Charger that would cruise back and forth with it lights off, and park in front of the older hotel. I could not tell what he was up to, but I think he was using the other old hotel for something. It was not something I wanted to find out. I am just glad I had a large dog, and brought a fire arm.

I wanted to talk to the staff about this, but they really did not look like they would care. When I went to check out in the morning, the guy at the from desk was pretty put out by having to run my card. I left happy to be out of that place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank duckhunter29871

Travellers are raving about these Aiken hotels

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Huge Hotel with pool and $40.00 rooms very quiet average room but clean hotel needs front appearance lift. Inside court area nice. Nice staff it's sold holiday inn I believe. Would stay again great value.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank cbpilotcars
hawaiiluver
Reviewed 9 April 2012

You will note there were several other people who had reservation issues and couldn't get a resolution. I am one of those! I actually ended up with 2 different reservations and my Travel Agency and I have tried since March 6th to get a resolution. Naturally we only needed one reservation, but ended up with two. Yea, right...the front desk clerk said "no problem to change the reservation to only 2 nights...which is how we ended up with 2 reservations - one for 2 nights and one for 3 nights.

We have contacted the hotel and Guesthouse International and to date no resolution. We tried to resolve this in-person during the Masters 2012 week and ended up leaving. We simply could not and would not stay at a hotel that is being managed/owed by such dishonest people. In addition, the lobby (where one would think would look half-way presentable) was horrible and smelled bad. Believe everyone of these reviews...I wish I had... 2 reservations, didn't stay any nights, out over $700...shameful...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank hawaiiluver
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here 1 night during 2012 Masters week (Augusta is 22 miles). What a dump. First of all, with hotel rooms running at a premium, this is the last place to expect upgraded rates ($150 for 2 dbl beds --normal is $40) but they didn't disappoint us. Has that odor of cleaning products similar to those found in a large country in southern Asia. Paint was flaking off the walls in our room. The advertised pool (today it was 90 deg) was still in it's winter mode --covered and unkempt. Can't claim false advertising here! I would not recommend this to an enemy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank priker
North Augusta, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Went there for a party on Halloween. Finally went to room at 2:00 am....Bugs all over and toilet would not flush. We did not stay..packed our bags and drove back home. Talked to desk and they were not interested in a complaint....Don't waste your money

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...any where else
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ken B
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Nothing good to say. Nothing worked. Dirty. Rude.

• Stayed August 2011