“Good Stay”

TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 6 days and we had a lovely time. There is no "hot" breakfast however, there is a continental breakfast provided. They provide a grill for guests to utilize, which was lovely. There is a recreation facility on-site or you could use the Gold's Gym next door. Situated near restaurants, Wal-Mart, and other common haunts. Free laundry facilities on site and they provide complimentary detergent! Overall we had a lovely stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences of our property in this Trip Advisor review. We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to let us know how we did. We look forward to your next stay when you are visiting Aiken!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here for the Masters. Front desk was pleasant. They had an adequate supply of newspapers in the morning. Although they advertised a continental breakfast, they had a hot breakfast each morning which was a nice surprise. Very convenient to downtown. Kitchenette very handy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A clean and quiet place to stay. What makes this hotel excellent are the people who work there. My husband and I lived here for a month while he was working in Aiken. The rooms are quiet - we never heard noises from other rooms beside us. Housekeeping staff were always so efficient and polite - Dianna and Nadiya to be exact. The staff at the reception and check out area were so hospitable - loved Megan! We have fond memories of our stay in Aiken and this hotel is one of the reasons why.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our property, as well as your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I would also like to thank you for your compliment regarding our staff. Offering great guest service is our team's philosophy. We are honored that we were able to contribute to your fond memories of Aiken and we hope to make more with you in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Aiken for two nights. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant, friendly, and helpful. My room was spotless and well equipped in the kitchenette part. The hotel is situated close to restaurants and a CVS, so you don't have to venture out into strange neighborhoods if you forget to pack something or want to grab a quick dinner. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and would certainly stay here again if I returned to Aiken. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay! We hope that your travels bring you back to Aiken in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

On Breakfast menu:
Need to provide eggs and breakfast meats on the menu other wise great hotel.
unfortunately the only problem I had was with a particular front desk staff who's attitude was very dismissive. I had a problem with my light switch and although it may seem like a simple thing I did not realize that I should not have turn off the first switch by the door, otherwise, the kitchen light would not come on. I called the front desk staff and told her that I did not have lights and I needed to make a meal. The woman at the front desk at between 4:30 pm that evening told me that Maintenance was gone for the day, and that he would not be back until 9:30am the next day . She hanged up the phone. I called her back and explained what I was about to do, her response was unfortunately you will have to wait until tomorrow. It was only when I suggested a room change that she told me someone will be up to the room in a few minutes, before I could get a word out she hanged up the phone again. The day ended with a happy note because the maintenance man was very apologetic for her behavior towards me. I am still a quest at this hotel until the end of march. All the other staff are great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

First, let me apologize for your experience with the front desk. We value our guests and try our best to treat each person with dignity, honor and respect. Thank you for your feedback and the staff member has been addressed by our General Manager. We are pleased to hear that the day ended on a happy note for you and that you are enjoying the rest of our staff members. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast and we will take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know. We value you and appreciate your business!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels with work and this one by far is the best one i've visited. The staff is so friendly and nice. They are always trying to do everything possible to make your stay the best it can be. The whole facility is so nice and none of it will disappoint. The rooms are big and look brand new, beds are so comfortable and the room features a full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave, office style desk. I would like to thank ms peggy Megan ms.O Kayce and all the other staff members who make my stay great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

1  Thank jonathan p

Thank you so much for your recent stay and wonderful comments! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property. We are a brand new hotel and the only extended-stay in Aiken, SC. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We fully know that life on the road can be challenging; so we strive for our guests to feel well taken care of. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Fictitious charges at checkout and charged to credit card. Getting refund next to impossible. Only by repeated complaint to Marriott home office were charges finally refunded. This process took over a month. The management at Aiken TownPlace is very poor at best boarding on incompetency! Buyer beware!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mike C
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in having all of our guests have an ultimate experience; so the issue that you encountered during your check-out process and the charges being refunded to you is not only disturbing to you but to us as well. I truly apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that you faced. We are addressing this matter and take it very seriously so that no other guests experience the same issues you did. We value you and the input that you have given us and we are deeply saddened that you had difficulties with the refund procedure. Other than the check-out process I do hope that you found the hotel enjoyable.