“Quite Pleased!!”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Quite Pleased!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was thoroughly pleased with the quality of the hotel, it's staff, and amenities.. I felt that I got a good bargain for the price I paid. I would stay there again, and I would definitely recommend that location to anyone else.

Room Tip: Look for Jesse Watts, he exhibited gracious professionalism and courtesy. He even went so far as to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay! We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the recommendation. We hope that your travels bring you back our way!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

When arriving to the motel I had had a horrible trip. I was visiting Aiken as a future city to relocate, Sherry was so helpful that night and compassionate. She googled every apartment complex for directions and a map. This was so helpful and was very time saving. When returning the next day she asked me how things went showing me she was concerned that all went well and asked if I needed anymore assistance!!! :-) Plus the night of my second night Erica who was on nights showed a better way to drive back home. Plus Erica also printed the directions for me with a map. My room always looked great when I came back. I will be referring your motel to others who would be traveling through the Aiken area. Thank you for the great stay that I had and wonderful staff. :-) Christina Gibbons

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris G
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Ms.Gibbions,

We are happy to hear that you will be relocating to Aiken and that you enjoyed your stay at TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We know that moving can be quite time consuming and of course stressful. Sherry and Erica were so happy to hear that they alleviated some of that burden for you. They have been recognized for their attentiveness to your needs and find great self-satisfaction in the hospitality industry. We are here to connect you to the local area and make you feel well taken care of. If we can do anything to further assist you, please do not hesitate to stop by. Thank you for staying with us and welcome to Aiken, SC!
Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I don't normally rate places with 5 stars, but I stayed at the TownePlace during "MASTERS" week and couldn't have been more pleased.

Made a reservation 3 weeks in advance of The Masters and while prices were greater than normal, it was well within reason given the event. I've stayed at a many "fleabag hotels" on Washington Hwy during Masters week and this was a breath of fresh air. Brand new hotel, clean, quiet and while in Aiken - it was only 20 minutes from the course.

With respect to the room, I received a suite with closed room off of the living area - which was unexpected as I thought I would get an open suite....very nice surprise.

For someone that normally stays at JW, Marriott, Residence Inn and Courtyard - very happy with this property

Room Tip: Two corner suites - quiet and large.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
We are ecstatic about your review, and are honored for your 5 Star rating. TownePlace Suites allows you to “Live Like You” during your travels offering; spacious suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas with a fully equipped kitchen. Many people like yourself enjoy the door that can close the living area from the bedroom; allowing you the peace and quiet from a busy day. We hope to see you for Masters Week in 2015(or sooner) and appreciate you choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for 13 days in June of 2014 and it was great. Sherrey and Jesse at the front desk were wonderful. The free laundry, all-day coffee and free breakfast were nice. The pool was just the right size and never crowded. This hotel is clean and all the staff was nice. We would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
What wonderful comments to receive! We appreciate your recommendation and taking your time to review our hotel. It is always nice to hear how our staff is taking care of our guests and we will be sure to pass on the compliments to Sherry and Jesse. We always have something special for our staff when they are recognized for great customer service. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We reserved 2 rooms in April, 2014. We cancelled our plans and our rooms well within the cancellation period. We then received both a $400 charge "and" a $176 charge. One was for staying at the hotel and the other was for a "no-show". I've never heard of being charged for a stay "and" a no-show for the same date. We were able to get the $400 reversed after they finally realized they had charged another guest's room to us; their mistake. This was only after they all but called us liars. The apology was non-existent. They then charged us $176 for a no-show even though we had confirmation of our cancellation. The General Manager was 100% rude, abrasive, and insolent. She refused to reverse this credit even though we had complete proof of the cancellation. Only after we sent a letter to every Executive at Marriott corporate did we finally get the money returned. The apology was poor at best and did not even mention their mistake, just the standard "sorry for your experience" language that comes from a canned employee manual.

Not only will I never stay at this property again, I will likely move to Hilton properties. I've come to realize that my 30 years and Gold level status with Marriott means nothing. Just remember, if you have a problem, this hotel will default to what ever is in "their" best interest. Customer service DOES NOT EXIST...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank knj6062
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
On behalf of TownePlace Suites by Marriott, please accept our apology. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, despite the contents. We value all comments and view it as an opportunity to grow and better serve each guest. As you can see from our previous reviews; we have a very good reputation and our ranking has been earned with great customer service by a very caring staff. It is my understanding that the charges were removed from your credit card before it was taken to the corporate level. We remain sorry for any misunderstanding that occurred and deeply regret losing you as a guest. We remain hopeful that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and that we highly regard the loyalty of each and every guest.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We only stayed one night but when we arrived they had an evening food bar set up for guests that was a welcome sight for weary travelers. The next morning they opened the breakfast early to accommodate patrons going to the Masters as we were. The room was very clean and well appointed and we were welcomed as rewards members. This is a must stay if we are in the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay during Master’s Week and felt well taken care of. We strive to meet our guests’ needs and to add a personal touch here and there. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next arrival at TownePlace Suites by Marriott of Aiken, SC.
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 6 days and we had a lovely time. There is no "hot" breakfast however, there is a continental breakfast provided. They provide a grill for guests to utilize, which was lovely. There is a recreation facility on-site or you could use the Gold's Gym next door. Situated near restaurants, Wal-Mart, and other common haunts. Free laundry facilities on site and they provide complimentary detergent! Overall we had a lovely stay and would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dawn C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences of our property in this Trip Advisor review. We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to let us know how we did. We look forward to your next stay when you are visiting Aiken!