“Always a relaxing evening on the 'Hill'!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose Hill Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aiken
Rose Hill Estate
Ranked #2 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Camden, South Carolina
“Always a relaxing evening on the 'Hill'!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Once again, I had the opportunity to work for two weeks this spring in Aiken. Several years ago, The Rose Hill Estate was mentioned to me as a place to go for dinner. I tried it and I have been back evry year since. As a matter of fact, it is my ‘office’ in Aiken and I am there almost every night.
The Stable Restaurant is in what was the old barn on the estate. It has been carefully transitioned into a great place to have a meal, with the outside preserved to maintain the original look. The food has never disappointed me, and the staff is superb. Steve and Eva, co-owners, and the entire staff, make you feel at home while you are there. Live entertainment is also a regular on the agenda as well.
In addition to the Stable, there is also the main house, a great place for any function from a business meeting to a wedding. The property hosts a chapel as well, and also guest cottages. Steve gave me tour of the property, and I walked it myself during my last stay with the restaurant and two separate functions going on as well. The property handled the gatherings extremely well, and with the size of the property, all were very separate and intimate..
The Rose Hill Estate and the Stable Restaurant get my recommendation as a must attend on your next trip into Aiken, SC

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chatan-cho, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We rented the top floor of the inn and the cottage for our friends and family from out of town for a wedding. The Place is awesome. Luxurious, friendly, affordable, everyone loved the accommodations. The cottage has a great kitchen, wonderful for feeding families and cooking. We also rented the chapel for the wedding and it was so much fun. Pretty, intimate, very convenient. Thank you Rose Hill for being there for us. Some lucky people will get to stay there in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at Rose Hill 4 nights while visiting my son at Ft. Gordon in Augusta. Originally I had a hotel booked in Augusta but because of the ice storm my hotel had no water and I could not check in, and there were absolutely no hotels available in Augusta. I was lucky to find Rose Hill and am actually very happy that my experience led me to stay in Aiken instead of Augusta. My accommodations were very clean and comfortable. Eva made a wonderful homemade breakfast. I did not eat dinner at Rose Hill, but saw many people having a great time in the dinning rooms enjoying the food and entertainment. I would definitely recommend Rose Hill Estate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Diane J
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Recently spent 2 nights at the Rose Hill Estates. This was the first stop in a week long trip bicycling around South Carolina and we could not have picked a better place to start. The house and gardens were exquisite but the best thing about our stay were the charming hosts and staff. Steven, Eva and Kena were so accommodating and informative. This was our first time to Aiken and they filled us with the history of the home and the area and guided us to local sights and restaurants. By far the best meal we enjoyed in Aiken was at Rose Hill's own restaurant - The Stables. Definitely recommend the shrimp and grits - we ate shrimp and grits every day during our stay in South Carolina and the dish at The Stables was by far the best!! Aiken is a great area to bike - will definitely be back to explore the area further and plan on staying at Rose Hill.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat1018
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend at Rose Hill and thoroughly enjoyed each aspect of the visit. Our room; the beautiful gardens; the restaurant and outdoor patio dining were beyond our expectations. The music was an added bonus! Stephen, Eva and Kena were so wonderful to talk with as they shared the history of Rose Hill Estate. We are already planning our next weekend get-away to spend with them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjenn52778
Okatie, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at Rose Hill July 30, 2013 on a sightseeing trip to Aiken for our anniversary. We had a delightful time and the property was fascinating. The owners and staff were very accommodating and the breakfast was outstanding. We found Aiken to be a unique and charming city.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank John L
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Rose Hill is such a beautiful place from the grounds, to the buildings, to the beautiful interior. Old World Charm describes both the Estate and the owners! Stephen and Eva were so accommodating, organized, and friendly. Stayed at Rose Hill for one night and had dinner at the Stables restaurant. The room we stayed in was fabulous -- very comfortable beds. My favorite room in the main building was the wood paneled room where they have a huge fireplace. So Downton Abbey!! We sipped our cocktails and enjoyed the atmosphere while sitting in the overstuffed leather chairs. Heaven! The dinner at the Stables was fabulous and the service wonderful. I loved wandering around the Estate exploring the beautiful gardens -- truly one of a kind outdoor space. Hearing the history of the gardens from Stephen was extremely interesting -- he took the time to take us all around the Estate. They have done a fabulous job maintaining the gardens -- very, very impressive. Eva prepared a wonderful breakfast for us -- it was really a huge spread. She not only prepared the traditional fare (bacon, eggs, potatoes, grits, biscuits) but ALSO a continental breakfast (pastries, meats, cheeses, jams and jellies). I ate too much! We loved walking into town and strolling through all the fabulous stores -- the Aiken downtown is really bustling and quite charming. I can't say enough about how much I loved staying at the Rose Hill Estate and exploring the Aiken downtown. What a great couple of days. We will definitely return to the Rose Hill again and again -- this is a very unique place run by wonderful folks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple