“Recommend as THE place to stay in Aiken.”

The Inn at Houndslake
Ranked #2 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“Recommend as THE place to stay in Aiken.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was very pleased that my company booked me at the Houndslake Guest house when I started my new job here. I stayed at the Houndslake Guesthouse for 45 comfortable days. It was a wonderful retreat when I left a very busy day to go 'home' to the Guesthouse, be greeted by the professional staff, and take a calming walk around the Guesthouse grounds and Houndslake golf course. Every morning I had my coffee and breakfast (cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit) which got me started on the right track--and every every evening I would be welcomed back again to my comfortable room. Rooms are beautifully furnished and met my every need (coffee, internet, microwave, fridge!!). Very conveniently located to everything. With workout room, golf priviledges, and country club dining available, the Guesthouse provides excellent extras. I always felt very lucky to have had this terrific experience to start me in my new city. Several group events were going on while I was there and I felt that staff was able to accommodate both me as one person and the big groups with a high level of needed attention. I Would definitely recommend the Guesthouse as THE place to stay when you come to Aiken--for business, pleasure or your own golf tournament.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CBJ_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aiken,SC
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is a wonderfull inn/hotel. Very much an "upscale" experience, but not much more expensive than the average chain hotels. Very friendly, accomodating staff. No switchboards or national phone centers to contend with. Nice continental breakfast. Beautiful "country club" setting - right in the middle of Houndslake CC. Well maintained, quiet, large rooms, free cookies, I felt right at home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephrn H
South Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at the Guesthouse at Houndslake during the first week of December, 2011. I frequent the Aiken area and somehow I didn't know this place existed until I ran across it on TA. The place is great if you want a super clean, super quiet, reasonably priced place to stay in Aiken. I got a standard king room. The bed was very confortable and the linens (very important in my opinion) were excellent by hotel standards. The view was an incredible look at the 18th green of the country club golf course. I cannot wait to stay during the summer when the days will be long enough and warm enough to take advantage of the club privilages (you get these when you stay at the guesthouse). Tennis courts, nice looking pool, and 27 holes of golf are right outside the door. The staff were very friendly and engaging. A contenental breakfast is complementary and while it is nothing special, it is fresh and served with real glasses, plates, and silverware. Its difficult to explain how nice it is to return to this place (vs the standard fare hotel) at the end of a long day at work. So inviting even before you park your car.

I will be back over and over again. Can't wait to do some business in Aiken once summer arrives.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GardenEngineer
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I made the very wise decision to host a non-profit's board retreat here. Volunteers enjoyed a like new, clean fresh room, and the aminities wewe top shelf. We were surrounded by a picturesque golf corse, amid the ambiance that is Aiken S C. The staff was cordial an helpful. The Guesthouse at Houndslake experience was flawless. Ishould be hired to market this GEM worldwide.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank james s
pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We dropped my daugter off at unsc aiken, we were so happy
with our stay at Guest House. It was convenient to the college.
The staff was so nice and the room was so clean, beds were
also comfy. Carol was so funny at the front desk and made my
daughter at ease about college life.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mallocup
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2011

A perfect place for business and pleasure! I always feel welcome and comfortable at The Guest House with its golf views and country club atmosphere. The personal service provided by the caring owner and her friendly staff make this a jewel of Aiken!.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RWALKER7811
Orange County, California
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the 3rd time we have held our reunion at the Guesthouse. The rooms were great (we all slept very well) and they were very accommodating to our unique needs. The free breakfast was much more than just the typical bagel and cheerios -- they even served Kashii cereal, hi-quality yogurt and fresh fruit. The best part, however, is their customer service (Hi Randy! Keep working hard!). We'll be back!

Room Tip: Plan ahead!