“Friendly, Clean and all around VERY ENJOYABLE......”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I was in town for 1-2 days for my birthday the weekend of Mar18. I had stayed at the Knights inn up the street definately where I had a horrible expierence on the night of my birthday Mar18. We woke up to a terrible asthma attack due to un cleanliness and a bad filter in the ac. Well I almost cut my trip short but I decided to check out the ECONO LODGE down the street that was closer to shops, walmart and restaurants. It also had an indoor pool that was heated. Course anyone with young children that is an awesome ammenity for you to have when the weather isnt quite ready for an outdoor pool. So my kids were game. I called the motel and talked to someone who was friendly and very nice. He even gave me a discount on the rate which was only a few dollars more then the knights inn. When i got there at 11:10 am he allowed me to check in to a room upstairs in the back where it was much quieter even allowed me to look at first... Upon first arrival checking out the room it was extremely clean very roomy, the beds were not like rocks and all the channels on the tv were clear. There was a nice recliner and a desk as well. The manager even checked to see if I was happy with the room. WE WERE!... There was only one downfall to the evening which to me was not thier fault that was some teens were being a little out of control but upon notifying the manager of thier outbursts in the pool area causing there to be no way for my daughter @ 6yrs old to be in the shallow end..The manager made the children stop and even get out due to interuppting others enjoyment.

I can't tell you how impressed I was with all of thier attentiveness even offering to help my son with our bags. We enjoyed a wonderful morning breakfast of danishes, biscuits and gravy, waffles, they had juices, hot and cold cereal. muffins and bagels. A very enjoyable breakfast even arriving at the tail end of breakfast hours there was still enough to choose from.

ALL in all I WOULD DEFINATELY STAY HERE AGAIN. IT IS MY CHOICE FOR MY NEXT TRIP TO AIKEN. SC.....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 September 2007

This motel is very dirty. When we paid and went around to our room which was in the back, several people were camped out in lawn chairs and were very loud. When we requested a refund we were told to chose any room in the motel and he would change us to that one. When we went into the new room it was very dirty and had a smell and was not taken care of. Mud was on the soft and in the room. After a long discussion we were able to get our money back. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank summer45
Reviewed 11 June 2007

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night. The room was OK for the price. It was a little more spacious than I expected. The pool area looked nice but closed before we were able to swim (closes at 10 pm). Check in desk was very friendly and helpful. Lobby was nice and clean. The refrigerator in the room could have been colder but it was ok. The tub caulking needed to be redone. TV made a weird noise; sounded as if a cricket was inside the TV but since we got there so late and checked out early it was not a big deal. The beds were a little hard but my hubby and kids slept fine. Will probably stay there again but not for more than one day.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ncscgirl2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, OH
Reviewed 22 November 2002

This is a really nice place, BUT it needs a little upkeep!
The mattress was very firm and the room was clean and roomy, with a quiet a/c.

On the neg. side, one side of the bed frame was exposed with sharp pieces of steel protruding out. The rod on the sink faucet, to operate the stopper in the sink, wasn't connected. The tub flapper valve was missing a screw. (one out of two, isn't bad). And the wire fixture that holds the clean washclothes/handtowels had two screws pulled out of the wall.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member