“RATS! Literally - DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
charleston, sc
“RATS! Literally - DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 16 November 2007

Got into town late on Wednesday night when my mother was put ICU at the local hospital. We decided to stay here because of it being somewhat close to the hospital. When we entered the room I noticed rat glue traps behind every piece of furniture and in the kitchenette area. The beds were lumpy and the AC/Heat took about 20 mins for it to start working. The next morning we spent most of the day at the hospital and when we came back about 3pm we found 2 rats running around the floor. We packed up and went to the front desk to see what could be done. That was a joke. I informed the gentleman that I almost
stepped on a rat when I opened the door and he told that I should have. We decided to check out early and not stay the other two nights.
Incredibly, he charged me full price for the night and told me that he would be nice and not charge me for the next night since it was past the 11am checkout time. This is hotel is old and run down and Choice Hotels refers any complaint back to the hotel where we get no satisfaction. WHAT EVER YOU DO - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — RATS!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cbaumer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
cleveland, oh
Reviewed 6 October 2006

I wonder if the other reviews stayed at the same hotel I did?
I thought this motel was AWFUL .....the sheets were grey, the blankets looked like something I would throw away at home and the exterior hallways etc. were filthy.....gave me the creeps, but last minute reservations during a polo match weekend left me with no choice.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — condition of rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank estrogen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2004

Stayed here for a night during the Masters Tournament. Were given our room key & found 5 people in it still cleaning & hanging around the door. Room was OK ... jacuzzi tub was hard to get in and out of & was moldy and somewhat dirty. The tv didn't work for awhile. Management was very nice & helpful.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2003

The room was old and outdated. The air condition and TV did not work or so I thought...The desk clerk informed me the air condition has to "warm up" before it comes on and to my dismay the TV was controlled by a light switch. The BIGGEST issue was the ROACHES. I called the front desk and she brought me a can of Raid. Need I say more??

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Aiken hotels
Country Inn & Suites Aiken
TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road
Hotel Aiken
Hotel Aiken
#11 of 20 in Aiken

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Suites

Property: Quality Inn & Suites
Address: 3608 Richland Ave W, Aiken, SC 29801-6314 (Formerly Comfort Suites)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Aiken
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn & Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Aiken Quality Inn