“Not disappointing!”

Days Inn Downtown Aiken
Days Inn Downtown Aiken
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews and was a little apprehensive. But went through Priceline and chose to use the express deal. Well this was the hotel I got. I drove all night got in at 8 and was allowed to check in immediately. Its got some cosmetic things such as carpet coming up at the door leading to the bathroom and the light at the vanity mirror was testy but the real things I look for is clean linens, clean tub, clean bathroom and overall cleanliness of the room. I had room 304. I wasn't met with the filth I had read about. The bed was comfortable enough. The pillows and bed things were clean. The towels and washcloths were clean. I didn't feel dirty while I was here. I'd definitely stay f again. Definitely worth the price!

• Stayed: October 2012
Fdone, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Thank you for your response, and I am very happy that you were not disappointed. This review will be used while making improvements on our property.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I used to live in Aiken, & when I come back to visit, I stay at this property. The rooms are no thrills, but clean & reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly.

They offer a free continental breakfast-basics of juice, bagels and doughnuts.

The hotel is showing some signs of old age, but overall it offers a great value and a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Close to downtown Aiken. Good dinning options can be found at The Aiken Brewery and Cafe Rio Blanco...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your response, and continued patronage. We hope to provide your accommodation needs for years to come.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had a very large American cockroach (as identified by the desk clerk) in our room. If that wasn't bad enough we simply could not kill this thing. The hotel employee come to our room, knocked it down from the wall/ceiling with a broom and beat it. It fell behind the furniture and he couldn't retrieve it. But he was "sure it was dead". An hour later it was up scurrying on the wall again. We then took a shoe to it and we thought we killed it. Nope. In the morning it was limping around on the floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Fdone, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I am so sorry that you had such a problem while staying with us, but I will show this review to our Pest Control Service so that hopefully, we can prevent others from having the same problem. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

If you have never gone to the Masters, try this hotel. They go out of their way to provide all the service you would expect from a hotel that would charge twice as much.
Clean rooms and great staff for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Reserve early due to other patrons loving this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank D D N
Fdone, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review, and your kind words towards our staff. We try very hard to give our guests a pleasant stay, and we appreciate it when guests notice our efforts.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I recently made online reservations with this hotel that I had used in the past and made online reservations. When I got there, they had stated I reserved 4 rooms instead of the one room. I was not able to talk to manager that evening. I again the next morning asked about the issue with the 4 rooms and the desk person did not let me talk to manager. I was charged for the one room and was provided a receipt for that charge. When I got my credit card statement this month, they had charged me for the other 3 rooms. I made official complaint with Days Inn Customer Service as well as my Credit Card company. I will not recommend them to anyone and will never give them my business in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2011

For the price, you could say you get what you pay for. The TV is snowy with cable. Mold on tile in bathroom. Sleeping area is not bad, if you dont mind the amount of flying bugs outside getting in, and staring up at the cob webs.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tony704
Fdone, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

We are sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of your room, and hope you give us a chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 27 June 2009

I've been staying at this Days Inn for over 2 years. I'm very pleased with the room and the location. The microwave and refrigerator allows me to prepare meals in the room and to store lunch which I carry to work at SRS.

I live in Atlanta, and stay at the Days Inn 3-4 nights per week. This arrangement has worked for me.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Fdone, manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2009

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate our guests and it pleases us knowing they are happy.