“Long Time Visitor While Working at SRS”

Days Inn Downtown Aiken
Days Inn Downtown Aiken
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I've been staying at this Days Inn for over 2 years. I'm very pleased with the room and the location. The microwave and refrigerator allows me to prepare meals in the room and to store lunch which I carry to work at SRS.

I live in Atlanta, and stay at the Days Inn 3-4 nights per week. This arrangement has worked for me.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Fdone, manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2009

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate our guests and it pleases us knowing they are happy.

Reviewed 25 June 2009

The Days Inn in downtown Aiken is both clean and affordable. I've stayed there on a number of occasions over the past few years, and I've found the folks working there to be very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Fdone, manager at Days Inn Downtown Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2009

Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 27 May 2009

Safety should be your main concern for this location, this place is almost at the end of the slums. There was a guy peeing on the street, a block later there was a fight, a block later there were a bunch of cops tending to some other incident, a block later was this place. There's hardly any parking, so you'll have to find a place to park and walk to your room....if you make it. The manager refused to cancel my reservation after expressing my concerns because....she had kids to feed. I found out from the Days Inn customer support that it's up to the management to do a courtesy cancellation....obviously there is no "courtesy" at this location. The location by the interstate is the place to stay. I think the horse person put their review in the wrong spot. That place is great. Clean, definetly safe, friendly, helpful, concerned and the workers had a great personality. Even though I had to pay for the room, I refused to stay at the Richland Downtown Days Inn. Go to the Interstate location instead, it's only about 8 miles away.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Travler005

We are sorry that we were unable to cancel your reservation due to a 24 hour cancellation. However, should you give us the chance, we would like to show you that our property and the surrounding area are not as described.

Reviewed 29 April 2009

Most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. Entire group was covered from head to toe in bed bug bites. Was not asked about preference of rooms...was put in a smoking room. Almost made me sick throughout the night Would rather sleep on the sidewalk than at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

We are very sorry that you were unhappy with your experience with us. We did take your review seriously and had our pest control service inspect all rooms in question and they couldn't find any sign of infection.

A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2006

It serves it needs during pick season in that area due to Masters in Augusta.

Rates are great and service is excellent - will look forward to stay again during my next year visit down there

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your kind words. it is a pleasure knowing that we are pleasing our valued guests.

Reviewed 19 March 2006

We were originally going to stay for two nights, but enjoyed Aiken so much, we stayed an additional day!
Our second night was interrupted by some noisy neighbors so we changed rooms for our final night. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Check various web sights for the best price.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank katnip_ct

Thank you for your kind words about our property. We do enjoy providing good service to our valued guests.