“Great Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Toronto, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My recent stay at this hotel was amazing! The staff was great and friendly and the room was clean making my stay excellent. The beds were comfortable and i plan on staying here in my next upcoming visits to Anderson!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LQ8011, Manager at Howard Johnson Anderson Clemson Area, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to meet your needs while you stayed with us! Our team truly cares about people and that's what sets us apart from other hotels that also offer great customer service.

It is my sincere hope that your able to visit us again if your back in the Anderson or Clemson area; we are here for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Savanna, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is going under construction cosmetically....but it also needs new staff. I was not happy here, and I would not stay here again if I was free nights. I'd probably try to sell the free night passes to stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank David B

Travellers are raving about these Anderson hotels

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The overall look of the building in beautiful, although the stairwell could use a touch of paint. The rooms are huge, but leave something to be desired. The beds are comfortable and well dressed. The carpet and bathroom fixtures are somewhat out dated and could use an upgrade, but I guess this is how it can keep the reasonable rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ8011, Manager at Howard Johnson Anderson Clemson Area, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.

Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs and our executive housekeeping works tirelessly to keep the staff motivated. I’ll be sure to pass this along to them during the next team meeting.As for the carpet and lamps We are undergoing renovations at the moment and hope to have everything up to par before your next visit.

Thanks again and please think of us on your next visit to Anderson!
yonkers, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always great value and service for the rates. Have been a regular customer since 2013 and always re-book with LQ. I feel very welcomed and comfortable. Reservations desk always accommodating. No surprises when I get there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ8011, General Manager at Howard Johnson Anderson Clemson Area, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Anderson. We’re appreciate you loyalty and are glad we are your go to hotell!

Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention at the front desk.

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Anderson!

La Quinta Inn Anderson
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I frequently stay at La Quintas on our twice yearly cross country drives, because we have 3 dogs. We had intended to stay in the Duluth, GA LaQuinta, but missed the exit, so headed for Anderson, SC. Had I had a chance to have read the reviews first, we would not have stayed here. But we got in late after 13 hours on the road, and did not want to have to repack and hit the road again. I have found that there are 2 kinds of La Quintas: those that are built specifically by the chain, and those that are older, retrofitted hotels/motels (usually in the southern US). This is one of the latter. It is very rundown, the carpet is filthy, there is mold on the bathroom ceiling, and even the bathroom floor and walls are dirty. It is a non-smoking hotel, so everyone smokes outside, and there are cigarette butts strewn everywhere. We have only stayed in one La Quinta that was worse, in N. Little Rock, AK. My standards are not that high, as I am only looking for a decent place to crash overnight. As long as it's clean and has a comfortable bed, I'm satisfied. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are deeply sorry for all the issues you experienced while staying as a guest at our hotel, but we do thank you for bringing them to our attention. While we are aware of some of our shortcomings, we rely on feedback such as this to be able to know what our guests need from us in order for our hotel to be successful. We recently purchased this hotel from an ownership group that had allowed the hotel to deteriorate to the sub-par level which you unfortunately witnessed during your recent visit. There is a lot of work that has to be done to the property in order for it to be up to the standard that guests such as yourself deserve. While these changes cannot happen overnight, we can assure you that if you give us another chance once our renovations are complete, you will not be disappointed. They say you only have one chance to make a first impression, but we genuinely hope that you will see the challenges we must face as new hotel owners, and will one day give us a second chance to impress you. Please forgive us for your negative experience, and believe in us as we work toward a bright, new future.

La Quinta Management Team
Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Came from Georgia to visit family, this hotel was in the perfect location, right in the middle of town. Everything I needed was close by, the room was clean and newly redone, and the staff was incredibly friendly! It was quiet, and the beds were super!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I work out of town and stayed there for 3 weeks the young lady that cleaned my room was excellent real nice. And cleaned my room very well thank you Jennifer.The rooms are fairly old but I seen some remodeling being done.my over all stay was nice.The lady at the front desk was also real polite.I will be staying here again if I have work out in anderson.

• Stayed April 2014