“Good value for the money”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
New York City, New York
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was clean and a good value for a low price. The staff is courteous, helpful and dedicated to providing excellent customer service. We visited this hotel while on a summer college tour and visited Clemson University. If our student get's into Clemson, this is the hotel in which we will be staying each time when visiting. We have stayed at many Comfort Suites Hotels and are usually quite pleased. We consistently give them good ratings as they are well deserved.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Shaneice W, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 January 2016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this same location in July 2013 for 1 night and enjoyed it so much that we returned. My experience however the second time wasn't as good as the first. It is in a great location and the staff is super friendly. The rooms are fairly comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is average but held us over at least until lunch time - eggs, bacon one day, sausage another, waffles, yogurt, breakfast bars/danishes, toast, English muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit - really something for everyone. On our last stay which was Sunday we had biscuits, bacon and sausage so more was offered it seemed which my kids enjoyed. The pool is a little disappointing as it's sooooooo small however my kids had the pool to themselves so they didn't complain. No hot tub :( I felt this time around our room wasn't as clean as our prior stay. The counter above the fridge had food basically dripping off the edges - sort of nasty. The bathroom for some reason had this pee smell which the smell seemed to be coming from the shower curtain which was odd (for the manager this was room 216 if you want to check it out). I would have let the front desk know of my issues if I could have found someone when we checked out - after 10 minutes I got tired of waiting as we had places to be. The elevator was down the ENTIRE time we were there which made checking in and out a little more difficult but we managed. This place really is overall clean and good service just has some things to work on. Wifi for us seemed really slow.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Shaneice W, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2016

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I go to a lot of hotels on business (and for pleasure)- the service, cleanliness and stuff for the price compared to even some 4 or 5 star places I've been to. When I got in at night, the manager on duty- a nice blond woman- gave me a bottle of water and some snacks to take up to my room- which doesn't sound like much- but it really is after 6 hours of driving. In the morning, the staff was so friendly and every single employee was so nice to me. Also the room I had was huge, complete with a couch and everything- all for $95. I never usually write reviews but I was so impressed by the employees I had to write something. If you have the choice, I'd stay here. OH YEAH FREE LAUNDRY MACHINES TOO- WHAT?!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jeffcom, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Hannah C,

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Wilson, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I don't give excellent marks to just anyone.
But this place deserves high marks.
The value is great.
The room was in excellent shape, extremely clean.
The staff are great... some extremely nice gal on the phone when I set things up.
The breakfast included eggs, bacon, etc. Great for a gluten-free meal.
Cleaning staff efficient.
Wonderful stay during our attendance at a wedding nearby.

Room Tip: slow wifi in the room. Much better out in the lobby. Lobby was noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jeffcom, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon and are very happy you enjoyed your time with us here at the Comfort Suites Anderson!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is located several good restaurants and a movie theatre as well as being right off the interstate, Good rooms and attractive public spaces. Breakfast was average at best and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danonatt
jeffcom, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

USA
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times over the past couple months. Some rooms are nicer than others (this place shows it's age in some rooms).

I would like to give this place four stars but when you compare to the Hampton next-door that is nicer, and I feel there's no way I can give it five stars; this place earns three. I would definitely stay here again.

Staff is very nice and goes above and beyond to fulfill any needs you may have.

Hotel is convenient to I-85 and there several restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. Wild Wing Café right across the street has buy one get one free wings on Tuesdays.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2014

As frequent business travelers at the end of busy day we are looking to rest. We found that here. We had booked the wrong room type when we made our reservations online and they were very accommodating in switching our room. Rooms are clean and breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jeffcom, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear BlackTie360,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.