Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anderson/Clemson
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My bf and I were traveling through and needed a well-priced, decently located and VERY clean place (I've stayed in low-budget places before and they were terrible). This hotel was all of these things. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the room and hotel lobby were both clean and new-looking. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool because we spent the evening around the area where the hotel was located which was well packed with local restaurants. (check out the Woodside bbq restaurant!) The continental breakfast was awesome with chocolate muffins, waffles, apples, and a first for me, yogurt. And delicious coffee! Needless to day next time we're in the south we'll be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2012

First time to this hotel. We were traveling with friends and they booked it. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Price was great! Hallway smelled bad the entire time we were there. But that is the only complaint.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

After voicing my complaints many times about lack of grab bars in showers, a motel manager recommended that I ask for a handicapped room, which has lots of grab bars. I tried it this time and realized that I made a mistake. The room was clean and well-equipped for someone wheelchair-bound, but it was necessarily spartan. For example, there was no counter in the bathroom for personal items, just a small shelf above the sink, and there was no microwave nor fridge.

The heat/air conditioning unit was temperature controlled and worked well. There was no alarm clock, having been "appropriated" by a former guest. I reported it to the front desk and they assured me it would be replaced.

Overall, had I had a standard room, I think I would have been much more satisfied. Again -- my fault.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel chain. The staff were very nice and helpful in every way. The room was very affordable for one night stay. At other hotels, I would have had to pay higher for a room such as this one. The room accomodations were very clean and well equipped including hookup for labtop use and wireless. I will return to this hotel in the future.
The breakfast area was a little small with limited seating. The price was reasonable under 50.00 for a Saturday night stay. The room was exceptional clean.

Room Tip: When staying at this hotel ask for a room on the backside to avoid the bright lights from the gas st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Basic rooms. Clean/ well stocked rooms, comfy beds, cable, internet, cont. breakfast. Very Kind staff. 10 Minutes to Clemson University. Great rate ($50/night). The hotel is "between" owners right now. The bank owns the hotel. BUT... It is being well cared for.

Room Tip: We just had the basic 2 queen/non smoking room. I'm sure they are all fine.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Upon checking in the man gave us fresh-baked cookies to take to our room. The entire hotel was very clean and comfortable. We were only there for one night but our stay was wonderfully quiet and restful. The staff went out of their way to help and when we asked to check out a little later than the scheduled time it was no problem.

The price is absolutely great! This was a great stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsummer20
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This may not be a common occurrence but the first room they placed me in had a roach and that is absolutely unacceptable.

To be fair, the manager placed me in another room and took off a few dollars from my total but when I pay money for lodging I expect the best! Also, I would tend to agree with others that the walls are paper thin.

Although, I didn't enjoy those aspects, I did enjoy their cookies, free wifi, and overall appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business