“The best hidden secret of Anderson, SC”
Review of Bleckley Inn

Bleckley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Anderson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The amenities are above anything I have seen in the upstate of South Carolina. I enjoyed a party of some of the best food this town has to offer then I stayed the night. The beds were great and the service immpeccable. I enjoyed a leisurely full breakfast (included) then on to my office. The Bleckley will definitely remain on my list of places to stay and host a meeting or party.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and accommodating
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Bleckley Inn

Reviewed 30 November 2011

the bleckley hotel was recommended to us by a local who we had met earlier in our trip and he was right, it is a superb hotel, fantastic room, luxurious furnishings and bedlinens, beautiful bathroom and what a breakfast! we found the staff extremely helpful, especially Shelby on reception and we were so impressed we stayed for an extra night. the area around anderson was interesting, we went to the lakes and forests which were beautiful, a really good choice at the end of our carolina holiday. definitely try the granola at breakfast, the chef from California makes it himself (and I'm hoping he will send me the recipe!)

Room Tip: they are all beautiful but the room at the front of the hotel was very quiet when there was a weddin...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed in the Dickson Suites 109, and I must say that the accomodations are top of the line. We have stayed in many nice resorts around the world and the Dickson Suites in Anderson is, by far, the nicest room accomodations that we have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Beautiful wood floors, granite counter tops, tile showers, mounted flat screen TV's in every room, transom windows, original doorknobs, automatic closet lights, etc. And the breakfast served down the street at the Bleckley Inn was wonderful. My husband and I had dinner at Sullivan's and were able to walk to the suite in less than a minute. My only two complaints would be that the water pressure in the shower was fairly weak and the check-out time was too early (11am). This would be a perfect place for two or three couples to share when in town for a Clemson football game, or concert at Tavern Under the Bridge.

Room Tip: Dickson Suites 109 is a little bigger than 111.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grayai
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I literally called a friend who is a Director at the Four Seasons to tell him the Bleckley was beating their hotel hands down! The attention to detail is superb, everything is top notch from the furnishings, to toiletries, the sheets and Directv in every room? Are you kidding! The breakfast is incredible, spanning from homemade pastries and homemade granola to fully custom treats all included. Try the prailene bacon, it'll change your life! I used the gym connected to the spa and was also blown away, not a penny was spared putting this hotel together and I will ONLY stay here moving forward when business brings me to Anderson. What a treat!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This hotel is first class. We were thrilled to be booked in a small, boutique hotel with the rest of our family/wedding party. The rehearsal dinner was steps away in a wonderful skylit room, and the staff were very accomodating to our entire weekend party. The rooms are lovely--high ceilings, plantation shutters, wood floors, nice furniture, FABULOUS beds and linens, big tiled baths. So very nice. The full buffet breakfast which came with the room was very good, plentiful and was available for the entire morning. The hotel is right in the heart of an up and coming downtown area (although still a little bit sparse). If I ever go to Anderson again, and it is doubtful that I will have a reason to go, we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Loved the front corner room with a bank of floor to ceiling windows in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed in gorgeous Dickson suite 3 nights for a family wedding, and the accommodations and service exceeded our expectations all the way around. We held the rehearsal dinner at the Inn and the venue/food/staff were all superior, all customized to our needs and preferences. Don't miss the complimentary breakfast, whatever you do!

Room Tip: 2/3 BR 2 Bath Dickson suites are a great value for groups, even have a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I recently stayed at The Bleckley's Inn for the first time. To find this amazing place was wonderful. Where to start? The place is beautifully decorated and the rooms are first rate.
I stayed(solo) in the Fretwell Suite and the beds were fabulous. At breakfast, the chef
Promised he'd have warm spinach quiche after I took a medication and it was delicious.
It's worth going for the breakfast alone. The owners and the innkeeper are great and
Work to make everything just perfect. I told my daughter I had the destination and
would be thinking up reasons to go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo