“Wonderful Brunch, top notch accommodations”
Review of Bleckley Inn

Bleckley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Anderson B&B and Inns
S30052nellville Ga.
“Wonderful Brunch, top notch accommodations”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Located in wonderful downtown Anderson, the Inn is the site of the old Fretwell House and the turn of the century Elizabeth Bleckley Building. The building boasted the 1st elevator in an office building in Anderson, the first "electrified" city in North Carolina. My woman's group had a wonderful time recently on a Saturday morning. 25 women enjoyed a wonderful buffet which included an egg casserole with sausage, fabulous hash brown casserole, delicious cheese grits from local Timms Mill, amazing praline bacon, ( I had 11 pieces and wanted more, but I had to stop!) pecan pancakes (OMG), homemade banana bread, muffins, yogurt granola parfait, tons of local fruits, and other assorted breads. Oh ye,s great coffee and tea selections.. It was wonderful, and in a lovely setting. I have enclosed photos of the inn and it is just beautiful. We toured some of the rooms and I tell you I have been all over the world and these accommodations were 1st class all the way. . After brunch we all sat by the fireplace in the lobby and stayed forever. We felt completely welcome. I must return with my husband. This place is perfect for events big or small or for a romantic couples retreat. Make sure and visit!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was a destination trip to Anderson that happened to coincide with Valentine's day, so when I discovered the Romance package, well, all our needs were taken care of in one stop. The package included the night at the Bleckley, a couples massage, and dinner at nearby Sullivan's Restaurant. The staff at the Bleckley accommodated our afternoon massage appointment with an early check-in, allowing us to get settled without rushing. My wife and I have used the same massage therapist at home for 20 years (because she's that good) and we were in no way disappointed by the experts at the Lilia Day Spa - both were outstanding. Food and service at Sullivan's was on par with the rest of the weekend - absolutely first rate.

As all the other reviewers have already pointed out, the Inn is beautiful, inviting, accommodating, comfortable, and convenient. While not everything is actually ON the premises, the Bleckley has skillfully partnered with local business (which too should be applauded) to ensure guests have access to dining, exercise facilities, etc. at no more of a walk than inside some larger hotels.

And I would be remiss without a tip ot the hat to the staff, Shelby, the Innkeeper, kept us informed and up-to-date from the original booking until after arrival and check-in and ensured we had everything we needed. Then, of course, she followed up afterwards to ensure we had enjoyed our stay. The rest of the staff were no less warm, friendly and hospitable. We weren't particularly demanding, but I had the distinct feeling we could have asked for almost anything within reason, and they would have tried to accommodate.

My wife and I enjoy traveling around the country and the world and don't often go to the same place twice (we haven't seen everything ONCE yet), And while I don't hesitate to recommend great experiences to friends and associates, there are not a lot of places I go back to again and again. I think the Bleckley has become one of those places.

Profound thanks to the owners and staff for a perfect weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites and found it to be an extraordinary experience. We have traveled widely and found the Bleckley Inn to be one of the finest hotels in which we have stayed. The bed exceeded any normal standard of comfort. It featured luxurious sheets and a mattress that can only be described as perfect. The floors - beautiful pine planking - only enhanced the tasteful earth tones found throughout the suite. The bathroom was very large and perfectly designed for comfort. The entire hotel including our suite was beyond an definition of clean. I never saw and dust or imperfection. Lastly, the complimentary breakfast is fantastic. It is far more than continental. If you want a perfect experience at a hotel, look no further than the Bleckley

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Bleckley Inn and the room we stayed in was AWESOME! We had a king size bed that was as good as sleeping at home and the linens were so soft and comfortable. The bathroom had his and her sinks and the shower was amazing! It was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. And, so affordable! The staff was great as well! I highly recommend the Bleckley Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Bleckley Inn has figured it out! I stayed in one of the Dickson Inn Suites and it was superb,
from the wonderful bed and linens, to the personal ammenities. I cannot say enough nice things about this property. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, grab it! IF i could have taken the bed home with me, I would have! Perhaps I will order some of the linens they sell on their website.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Anderson
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We are Andersonians and this stay was an anniversary gift and we enjoyed it very much, from the very nice beds and linens to the great breakfast. The Inn is very clean and beautifully decorated, has very friendly service, and is a great addition to downtown Anderson.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I never wanted to take a hotel room home with me before. I came to Anderson for business and worked long days during my 4 day stay. One day, I came back and asked if they had a lounge in the building where I could sit and grab a glass of wine. While they do not have it, they brought me a glass of wine as a courtesy. Breakfast was fabulous each morning with a full spread. If you couldn't find something to eat at breakfast, you simply were not hungry. Service at this hotel is top notch! Oh, and did I mention the bed? It was heaven!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business