“A very nice hotel in downtown Anderson”
Review of Bleckley Inn

Bleckley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Anderson B&B and Inns
Blythewood, South Carolina
“A very nice hotel in downtown Anderson”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This boutique hotel was established in 2011 and is exceptional! Comfortable bed an linens. Robes are included. Cooked to order breakfast was included. Walked to Summa Joes for dinner which was great. This place is worth a return trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I got to stay here for an interview and returned for a much-needed get away, though I only live about 30 minutes away. Everything about this hotel is superb. I wish I could replicate the room as my bedroom. Though they built on an old-town site (I think it had burned down), they manage to respect the history of the family and business that had been there. We're returning there for my husband's birthday this year--the town is nice, but this hotel is really something special.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Denville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Nicest people. Loveliest hotel suite I have ever stayed in. Great value. Was recently in town for a wedding. Shelby made it easy to book and everythng was in order when I arrived. The rooms are fresh, clean, beautifully decorated. I took pictures of bathroom to show my husband how I want our Master Bath to loo at home. Looking forward to another visit where I can really explore Anderson and the Bleckley.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for our anniversary. It was a brief one-night stay that we desperately needed. Our baby sitter fell through as well as our planned full weekend trip. My company uses Bleckley and I figured we could use them too. It was PERFECT. The check-in, room and breakfast were incredible. We live in Anderson and would definitely go back, if we are able to sneak away.

Room Tip: We stayed across the street above J. Peters. Our room was beautiful. It's actually nice to walk...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at the Bleckley on business and it was absolutely stunning. Everything about the rooms, common areas and exterior was simply gorgeous and tastefully decorated. They really pay attention to ensuring they offer the finer touches of hospitality...from their staff to their room amenities (the bed=amazing). Breakfast was awesome too. Overall it was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Bleckley Inn for a wedding. The entire Inn was booked just for the wedding party and guests. From the moment we checked in, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The whole place had SO much character! The rooms were HUGE! They did not stop short on the high end decor. And the sheets .. ah-mazing!

The breakfast was great. You don't come across places that include great hot breakfasts in this great price range!

The wedding was held in the courtyard and the reception in the carriage house. Both were beautiful.

All in all, it was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Out of the gate reception was great and the reservation process prior to arrival was easy. Our room was perfect, the bedding amazing and we had a handicap room for some reason so it was huge. I can't say enough about the accommodations. Here is where I ponder the perception of how guests are treated "equally". We were in the area for a Clemson University weekend and planned ahead for a pleasant stay for us. I was a little taken back by the noticeable attitude to past guests compared to new guests. I get the familiar welcome and extras for people you know, but it sends an odd message to your new guests. We should all feel welcome, new or returning guests. We are your source of income, we all are "significant" and special. It was a little off putting to be in the dining room for breakfast when the chef brought out a fresh casserole to the "significant" guest without offering the other dining guest the same favor before placing it on the bar for consumption. It was almost a "hmm?" moment for the other diners. My husband never says anything but he replied to me that maybe we did not appear "important" enough to try the fresh offering. Who knows? Often people are clueless how they come across to others just observing their behavior. On a lighter note the food was delicious. I am a huge fan of infused water. It was perfect. I do think there needs to be a prescence of some beverage when the guest arrive in the lobby. It was out of site until you made your way into the salon/ lounge area. Overall, it is an amazing establishment. We will stay there next year and maybe we will be greeted with a special breakfast offering on our last morning. Bottom line...treat All your guests like you care they chose your establishment.

• Stayed September 2013