“Clean, comfortable, safe and reasonably priced.”

Holiday Inn Express Anderson
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Columbia SC
“Clean, comfortable, safe and reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Was recommended to my wife and I by one of the locals for an overnight stay. The front desk was very helpful and courteous. My wife was very pleased at how clean and comfortable the rooms were. The complimentary breakfast bar was very good and included biscuits and sausage gravy, western omelets, pancakes, link sausage, grits, Danish, juices, coffee, and fruit. Also, we used AARP membership to reduce our bill by about $10 ($93 total). We'd definitely stay again if in the Anderson area.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
seattle, wa
Reviewed 13 May 2011

First we arrived to see our names posted on a welcome board in the lobby. At first, I thought this was charming, and then I wondered if it violates some sort of privacy thing.
****The young man at the front desk asked my husband if he brought along any pets! As a joke, my husband said "my only pet is my wife" The employee said "that's fine, she's welcome, as long as she doesn't pee on the floor!"
The room was gross. Mold in the shower, broken doorknob to bathroom door, NOISY air conditioner. Advertised as a "refurbished" HI Express...really missed the mark....still smelling musty and bad remodeling.
At breakfast, we were Very surprised to see a tray of fruit (strawberries, grapes, pineapple...etc) The fact that it was sitting atop a bussing cart made less appealing, and it had been frozen, so most of the fruit was ruined. Glad to get out of there.....

Room Tip: pay more, go down the road to the newer HI Express
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LindaFuhrman
Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I was recently at this hotel, on business, and ended up staying for 12 days. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was always warm and on time.(Never went looking for coffee refills) The owner's take pride in their business and it was evident in the way they went out of their way to accommodate me and make us feel welcome during our extended stay.

Plan on going back, when I return to the Anderson area and look forward to see the continued progress of the renovations. (On my stay, all the hallways and carpets were redone)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Gold River, California
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We went to check in late one evening and the chemical smell in the room was so nauseating that we could not stay there. We were told they had recently remodeled, but honestly it didn't look it. The side door was propped open with a rock, added to our concerns about security.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Oxford
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I was hesitant to stay here when I read the review about the construction. I am so glad that didn't hesitate. If you familiar with this area, you know how busy Exit 19 is. This hotel is at Exit 27, a much quieter, relaxed area. Not as much traffic and noise as Exit 19. Hotel was great, room was great, and front desk staff were superb. Very friendly and helpful with suggestions for the area. The only evidence of construction were the "Please excuse the construction" signs in the elevator. Lobby was beautiful and room was clean and the perfect spot to relax after a 9 hour drive.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This Holiday Inn Express is a 3-star property located off I-85 exit 27 (there is another HI Express at exit 21). I stayed two nights for business in a first floor room from late June to early July 2010. The check-in clerk was helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He printed directions and a map to the type of restaurant I requested.

The entrance and lobby are undergoing renovation--rooms are complete. The lobby renovation work ended for the day promptly at 9:00pm. The work area is neat, organized, and safe. The gym/ weight room is also in progress: there are only three machines (stair stepper, treadmill, and bike) but it appears that more will be installed shortly. The breakfast area off the lobby is nice. There were hot dogs, salsa, and other snacks available in the dining area at no charge the evening I arrived.

The rooms have all new furniture, carpet, and decor. Furniture includes desk, dresser, bed, nightstands, comfortable armchair, and ottoman. Appliances include microwave and mini-refrigerator combination, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, and flat screen television.

Restaurants and stores in walking distance include Waffle House, McDonald's, and two gas stations. As this Holiday Inn Express is near I-85, most types of restaurants are within a 15-minute drive (many are closer).

I got a terrific room rate for this hotel on Hotwire. If in this area for another trip, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Frugal_SC_Traveler
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 14 June 2010

If you are going to Clemson, this is NOT the hotel for you. Stay at exit 21 or stay in Clemson. The hotel is half an hour away from the school. I blindly booked in the Anderson area, thinking I would be at an exit near Clemson, 10 miles from campus. I should have researched better so that's on me.
BUT, the hotel is being renovated and I was not aware that would be the case. The breakfast area was covered with dust and floors and walls were covered with plastic.
Checked in, no real problem with reno, that happens and I appreciate fixing a place up but the first room we were assigned had air blowers going and the furniture was up on the bed. Thought it was carpet cleaning but found out later the hotel had been damaged by a previous guest who set off the sprinklers. Although it's nice to know that the sprinklers work, why would we be assigned an uninhabitable room?
We were re assigned and the room was fine. Clean, AC worked. Only real problem was cigarette burns on the toilet seat (in a non smoking room).
Breakfast was ok. Hot eggs and sausage but the eggs were tasteless. Several items on the menu but typical Holiday Inn Express fair. Miss a waffle maker.
Got to the hotel a bit late on the second night. Had some food in the mini fridge. Popped in the microwave and it died on second use. Called front desk. Came up immediately but unable to do anything. Promised to replace immediately. I'm about to check out and it's still the same broken microwave. They were kind enough to use the one in the office to warm our food but still a pain.
I think they'll be close to normal operations in July or August. I'd wait until then to book. BUT NOT IF YOU ARE GOING TO CLEMSON UNIVERSITY.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple