“Always friendly”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
South Carolina
“Always friendly”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Several times when the electricity went out or when our air con dictionary wouldn't work, we went to the HIE. Each time we were welcomed with a friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. The rooms were always spotless and the food is the same as the typical HIE. We recommend this property for anybody

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Well first I must say that I chose this hotel because the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin,Ga was excellent and I assumed this hotel would be the same. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed. First the good things. The hotel is located right off of 85, so that was very convenient. It was also located next to many restaurants in walking distance. The breakfast was great too. A very big variety of items including pancakes, eggs, sausage and yummy cinnamon rolls. Finally, the staff whom I dealt with seemed very friendly. Now the bad things. It might seem picky, but I couldn't relax because the ac unit kept going on and off. I mean like every two minutes. It was very distracting and loud. On and off all day and night. By the end of our stay, I just turned the whole thing off. It was so annoying. The second thing that I found unacceptable was that when we checked in during middle of week, until Mon, there were a group of people hanging out at the back door drinking beer and listening to music. You practically had to trip over them to walk in. This to me should never happen at a mid priced hotel. We paid $130 a night. That's enough to expect to have better management handle those guests. I mean at least they should've been told to move to back of parking lot, and that's even a stretch for me. Very very unprofessional in my opinion. Lastly, the "suite" we had was somewhat outdated.
Would I stay there again, probably not. Not worth the money we paid.

• Stayed June 2013
SUSAN V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to log into Trip Advisor to share your unfortunate experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced as a result of a noisy air conditioner unit. However, if the front desk had been notified of this problem, they would have moved you to another room. Our hotel is a 100% Non-Smoking property and in order for our guests to be in compliance with the no smoking policy, they must step outside, if they do wish to smoke. However, we were not aware that they were blocking the entrance to the hotel, if so, we would have asked to move.
We take our reviews seriously and would like to invite you once again, choose us during your next visit and have a new experience.

Kind Regards:
The Management of Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had to reserve 4 rooms on my credit card for a fishing trip on Hartwell. Two of our party had an accident on the way up and could not come. We were worried about them and did not think to cancel the extra room. Told the desk clerk at 4am the next morning and he said he was going to take care of this with the manager. Found today that I had been charged for a room that we did not use. Called the front desk and the Manager would not remove charges, only kept quoting policy to me. She clearly had no sense of compassion for the customers and/or really needs the money. Last stay with this hotel for any of my clients. Too many choices in the area to be treated like this... especially when we book so many trips each year to this area.

Room Tip: Choose Hampton Inn across from Wild Wing. Better all around.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
SUSAN V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Russell D;

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson, SC. We apologize for the inconvenience for charging you the no show fee due to the room not being cancelled by the hotels cancellation policy and our concern and compassion for our guests are never taken for granted.

Upon making a reservation, each guest is informed of the hotel cancellation/no show policy verbally, before they are given their reservation confirmation number. If the guest does not call to cancel prior to the cancellation policy then our system automatically checks them in and their card is charged. This is standard corporate policy and procedure throughout the hospitality industry.
We hope this better clarifies the matter at hand and reiterates the need for cancellation/confirmation number whenever a guest may choose to cancel a reservation.

Kind Regards,

The Management of Holiday Inn Express & Suites
CHARLESTON
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Check in was great, room was clean, plenty of hot water. Convent to restaurants for dinner. It was a great value. Great overall stay. I always look for holiday inns and this one lived up to the expectations. Great job.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 26 December 2012

For the first time, I have experienced a CLEAN remote control in a hotel room. The room itself was very clean, too! Love that! The staff was very friendly, and we went out of their way to make us feel welcome, which is greatly appreciated agter a long day day of travelling.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
susanveer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a warm review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our team. I am very grateful to work with a team that truly cares about our guests and shows their hospitality. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Anderson SC.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 November 2012

First time here and it was wonderful. Check in was professional and friendly. Rooms were clean, and welcoming. We had a suite and the room had good space. The front desk called to check if we were happy. Quiet night, hot breakfast and great conversation during breakfast with other travellers. Good value. A +++

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
susanveer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Excellent!! Thank you very much and we hope to see you again when you are in Anderson SC
USA---
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at this motel, very nice motel quite by accident. I became very ill on motorcycle trip late one evening while trying my best to get home around midnight after riding thru that frightful Atlanta rush hour traffic. Had no choice but to pull into first motel I came upon. Parked cycle, explained that I was very uncomfortable and needed to get to a bed immediately. Rather slow check in it seemed but was given a very nice room up on second floor via elevator. Straight to bed, and a very nicely equipped room I must say.
Next morning, I didn't feel like eating but had juice and eating area seemed very clean and nice. However, morning staff didn't know where the nearest drug store was (8 Miles into town I found). Stayed until 11 am checkout before hitting the road.
It was a nice place to stay but unfortunately I wasn't in the best shape to really enjoy the amenities of this motel, maybe next time. I will give it high ratings and use it in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo