“Lovely staff”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Lovely staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The staff at this property makes all the difference in the world between a ho-hum property and a good one. Property was clean; staff amazing. Want to give a call-out to Morgan, front desk staffer, over Memorial Day weekend. I swim laps and the pool, while small, was a rectangle and easy to adapt to my routine. Only downside, hot breakfast has just been added. Eggs and sausage were truly awful, but one can still make a breakfast from boiled eggs, bagels, and cereals. Breakfast staff very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Found the property clean and well maintained, even though we did find three left over beer cans in the fridge. Nice welcome at the desk and friendly service night and morning. We were upgraded to a suite on check in, but the upgrade was just a bigger room, no separation between bed and sitting area so when I couldn't sleep through the noise of the air conditioner and parking lot noise, no where to go without waking my wife. Turns out she didn't sleep well either. The bed was not the most comfortable, but I have slept in much worse. Breakfast included--was okay with enough variety to get us on the road without having to stop, but if good coffee is a must---hit the McCafe down the street.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Johns Creek, GA
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and were overall satisfied with our stay. The rooms were clean, albeit the smallest hotel room I've ever seen but overall comfortable and nicely firnished. The towels were thin as mentioned in other reviews and the A/C unit loud but nothing that is unbearable. The breakfast is good for being free but like others mentioned, they lack the ability to keep up with the crowds and there was never enough eggs. We came up to Clemson for a horse show as we have every year for 15+ years but I'm also a Clemson alum so my family and I have stayed at several hotels in the area for many years and this has been the best experience so far. We will be sure to stay here next year. I can overlook some of the disadvantages because the advantages outweigh them by far!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Worst night of sleep we've had in a hotel in quite a long time. Beds were horrible. We found a piece of popcorn under the sheets, which freaked us out because the sheets seemed to have been cleaned but it left doubt in our minds. Wall unit a/c was loud and didn't work well. Overall, the bathroom fixtures and room decor were very dated. Small TV. Breakfast was complimentary but not good. Definitely we would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank restlessinrichmond
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Thanks for keeping our crew afloat... Alex was amazing from the time our 50+ crew arrived!! We were up from HHI for a regatta held at Clemson rowing club on Hartman lake. We were late getting to the hotel, so our pizza was delivered and Alex was able to have it all set out and ready for when our hungry high school rowers got back to the hotel, they could eat without delay. Alex made sure that we were all covered with everything that we might need. He was patient and courteous and always had a smile, ready to help with any need of ours that arose. We, the adults, where up until the shift change and Alex handed us off to an able body Andrew. We were very fortunate that we had no mishaps during the night! Andrew was on guard... Breakfast was good, our crew cleaned the hotel out of bagels and doughnuts. I love the Marriott hotels and this one did not let us down a bit!! Keep up the Excellent customer service and positive attitude Alex and Andrew!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Having stayed at quite a few Fairfields over the years, I know what to expect - simple amenities (styrofoam cups, thin towels, decent but not great bedding), so nothing alongside those lines was a surprise. I was pleased with the speed of the Internet - it allowed me to stream video on my Kindle Fire. This can especially be an issue at night, when many of the residents of a hotel are all accessing the 'net. There were no such problems here.

The big problem I have with this hotel was the breakfast. I typically choose a Fairfield for a good breakfast that has a variety of options. There were plenty of signs around the hotel heralding their enhanced breakfast menu, which includes scrambled eggs and sausage. However, when my wife and I went to breakfast at 8:30 on a Saturday, they were completely out of sausage with no plans to get more. In addition, the waffle iron was not working correctly, rendering the waffle I made into a doughy inedible mess. This was very disappointing. I pointed out the problems with the breakfast to the front desk, but other than a verbal apology, nothing was done.

I may stay there in the future, but only because I am a Marriott rewards member and want the points. If points don't matter to you and you want a good breakfast included with your hotel stay, go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here to go to a marriage conference. It is a great location. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. The breakfast is absolutely wonderful! The only downside to this hotel would be the price. It is a bit too pricey for what you get!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
FFISAndersonGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
The staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson thanks you for taking the time to share your review with fellow travelers. Given the many choices in the Anderson area, we are glad you stayed with our hotel for your conference and enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return to visit us soon.