“Good BBQ, Great Sauces”

Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Anderson
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: THE BEST BBQ! Smoked Pork, Ribs, Chicken, Beef Brisket and Sausages. The meats are smoked daily for 8 to 14 hours in our on-site BBQ Pit using a mixture of woods (Hickory, Pecan, White Oak) combined with unique blends of spices and rubs. Our traditional southern side dishes are cooked from scratch in-house each day. Come on by and visit us early 'cause when it's gone, IT'S GONE!
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Good BBQ, Great Sauces”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The BBQ pork, chicken, and sausage, were all good on thier own. adding some of their sauces made them much better. Six sauces to choose from, some vinegar based, some tomato based, and a mustard sauce, some hot, some mild. Small portion of OK mac & cheese, large portion of some great fried okra accompanied my plate. My wife's BBQ nachos were covered with cheesy yum. Prices were OK, the folks that work there were all friendly and attentive

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bob M

Belton
“Best BBQ ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I think this place has the best BBQ in town. Friendly staff and the owners make a point to come speak to customers. We always enjoy the brisket. Yummm

1 Thank Doggiedoc1972
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Good BBQ, but pricey”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had the brisket melt sandwich with the sweet potato side. It was very good. The brisket had very good flavor and was very tender. The sweet potatoes were very good and complimented the sandwich well. Unfortunately It was overpriced for what I got. I understand BBQ can get expensive, but the sandwich and side was 11.99 (which after reviewing my receipt after I left i was charged 12.99). After adding a drink and tax (as well as adding an additional $1 charge for having sweet potatoes) my sandwich, sweet potatoes, and tea was over $16. That's a pricey lunch. Other than the price though, the food is excellent. The staff was friendly and I received my order very quickly. I would return, but may not be an option when on a budget.

• Visited August 2014
Anderson, South Carolina
“Excellent Barbeque”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with the smell of good barbeque. The taste is wonderful and does not require sauce. Side dishes are good. In Anderson if you want good barbeque go the Pompous Pig. The one drawback is that they do not have enough tables to handle a big crowd.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BLAIDDDRWG
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good pig”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place is located by looking for its sign because ut does not face the road. Good pork bbq and sides which included some of the better bbq beans i have eaten. Sauces were just so-so but otherwise good place to stop.

• Visited July 2014