“Nice quiet night's sleep ”

Holiday Inn Anderson
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Atlanta, GA
“Nice quiet night's sleep ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

In a very convenient location - this hotel offers a quiet, restful night. Good breakfast in the restaurant. Very nice employees - from the front desk to the restaurant staff. Bed was very comfortable. Room and bathroom were both very clean.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Jayne,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you found our hotel so pleasant and so clean. I do agree with you that our breakfast is very good.
Thank you again for writing such nice review of our hotel and we look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Anderson.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family & I were visiting family in Anderson and stayed at the Holiday Inn. I cannot begin to express my heartfelt thanks to Gabby for saving us from a potential nightmare that night. We originally had reservations at another hotel in the area, right next door to our assigned room was a man standing outside in his underwear smoking a cigarette. there were also groups of young men standing around in the parking lot looking into other guest cars. We immediately cancelled our rooms there and called the Holiday Inn. Our saving grace Gabby was there to assist. She was professional, friendly and very efficient. The hotel was beautiful, our rooms were very clean & comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and from this point on stay there whenever we visit again. Thank you again Gabby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Darlene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay and that Gabby saved the day for your family. I am also thrilled to hear that you found our rooms to be so clean and comfortable. We do take great pride in the shape of our rooms. And we are truly lucky to have an employee such as Gabby working here, she really is special.

Thanks again for your wonderful review,
Temple, GA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pam was the hostess for the lounge area and she has been very consistent with excellent service and emphasis on the customer. She goes out of here way to ensure that the customer is always taken care of to their satisfaction.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are absolutely right about Pam. She really does put an emphasis on customer service along with our entire staff. We are very fortunate to have Pam here.

Again, Thank you for such a wonderful review.
Freeland, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stay in Anderson every six months and I usually stay at the Hilton but Holiday Inn's staff gave me more than i could ask for it surpassed all of my expectations by far..... I am a platinum member and and stay at HI properties when ever ever i can and this is the best properties that i have have ever stayed at in north america. From the front dest personal, gabby colquitt, who showd me nothing else but the best customer service that I have ever experienced in my life life before to my initial greeting to referring me to the places that I needed to go she always gave me the best personal experience that I would expect from any hotel company I have every stayed at.Roll Tide Gabby... She is a jewel..... Awsome...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Doug W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, it really means the world to us to read reviews such as yours. Reading comments such as yours, is what really motivates us to deliver exceptional service to our guest. Gabby really is a jewel, and we are very lucky to have her here. I will be sure to pass along your comment s to Gabby.
Again, thank you so much for your wonderful review
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2013

All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Particularly Gabby, (I believe that was her name) she was very helpful and generous with her time. She took special pains to make sure any thing wrong was corrected to my satisfaction.

I've stayed here twice, both experiences were excellent. The one bad experience I had was an (apparently) false fire alarm in the middle of the night that awoke me.

The breakfast was a little over priced I thought. $4 for a bowl of oatmeal. It was good oatmeal though.

Dear JRC39,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Gabby. She really does go out of her way to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay. I do apologize for the fire alarm going off early in the morning; I know that can be annoying.
Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

BEWARE of 3rd party bookings (hotwire, priceline, etc) as when regular rooms are unavailable, they book you a SMOKING ROOM with no refunds, exchanges, etc. The policy is hidden way down in the small print and you have no recourse.
We checked into the hotel and had to take a smoking room due to unavailable non-smoking. The room stank to high heaven, there were other dank odors as well. The décor of the rooms is fine, but if you aren't bother by smells (pillows, blankets, curtains, towels, etc) then have at it. I asked for deorderizer spray but hotel had none-which I find hard to believe. air conditioners are under the window units which are very noisy. Terrible night sleep and couldn't wait to get out. All clothes smelled like the room when I left and will have to be laundered immediately.
Very high price for the area with no breakfast included ($9.95 pp)
Very bad experience, and now I know why I stay with the other chains.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Thompson5416,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for your inconveniences you experienced last weekend. I am very sorry that we were not able to honor your request for a non smoking room. If we were able to honor your request, we absolutely would have done so.
Again, I am very sorry
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel really makes you feel like you are at home. I missed breakfast by 15 minutes and yet the chef-Ms Jerry still makes my breakfast and I get to eat.
The front desk service lady-Vickie- really knows the meaning of a good customer service. The Bar lady-Pam cater to your needs, she saw that my hands were full and so she offered to carry some of my things up to my room. I really had a long day at work and the staff of this hotel, Holiday Inn Anderson, SC really makes you forget about the day you been having and just relax.

Every year I come to Anderson, I always stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Appreciate the hospitality!

Room Tip: All King Suites-non smoking
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Selaima H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We absolutely pride ourselves on our customer service. It is extremely important to us and we were thrilled that you took note. We are very fortunate to have employees here like Geri, Vicki, and Pam. All 3 are tremendous assets to our hotel.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Anderson, SC