“Great Choice”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Tomball
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was in town for a funeral. I thought the service was exceptional. The people who worked there, including the lady who works the breakfast room, were all very accomodating and nice.

The rooms are pretty good. The beds were a little hard - but not terrible. The carpet seemed to be in okay shape. Didn't have any problems with the room although it could use a paint job. The room was very clean, the towels were in good shape (but not great), and the linens were good. I noticed that the trash was not taken out the first night of my 2 night stay which was strange. Another thing was a light bulb was missing from one of the two bed lamps. I didn't say anything since I couldn't use the lamp anyhow since I needed the plug for my CPAP.

I used the exercise machine. I couldn't get the elliptical to work but the treadmill did. It slips a bit when you are on it but it does okay. When I checked out the lady at the desk asked me if I got the machines to work. It was a nice personal touch.

Breakfast is not bad. They do have hot items there including eggs and sausage. The scrambled eggs were not great but the rest of it was sufficient. There was plenty of food and places to sit.

All in all I would recommend to anyone staying in Aberdeen. It was a little bit pricy, but not totally out of range for the amenities that you get. The place could use an elevator too. If I were handicapped and only had the second floor available as a walk-in, I couldn't stay there. An elevator makes it a bit easier to use if you have a lot of bags as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Butte, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Great Staff Jon and Colleen were the Best!!! Traveling with children we ran out of many things towels, toliet paper, , plus cookies. They kept my kids happy with cookies and always were happy to get more. Every thing I needed they ran and got it for me......Sarah Was also great with Breakfast...Rooms were dated but very clean....happy with breakfast and Sarah was good to clean up spills and get more of any thing the kids ask for. Motel itself was very dated...But very clean, but the tubs need to be replaced.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Weather caused us to make a stop. The staff were great, check in and out a little slow but we got a wonderful price. Rooms were clean, was a little hard to cool the room down but I tend to like cooler rooms than most people. Breakfast was fine the next morning. Would definitely go back

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glenn M
Burnsville, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it seems like every time I am here, there is something broken or unavailable, such as lobby Internet use or the hot tub and this time they ran out of milk during breakfast and the public restroom wasn't available. I stay here because it is the only hotel available for my ChoicePrivileges program in this area. The rooms are clean and comfortable but I think this hotels prices of $70-$100+ per night, depending on the activities in town, are too high for the level of service provided.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Randy G, General Manager at Quality Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Under this current ownership we have been striving to update all aspects of the property. At the time of this stay we were remodeling the public bathroom to make it more hanicap accesable. Our goal is to do as much as possible to make the hotel more comfortable for our guests with out causing an inconvenient to our guest at the same time.

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Selby, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

in town for music event. this is a hunter-VERY-friendly motel, so depending on who is next door to you, this could be a disaster of a stay. dogs allowed in rooms, and you could hear them bark at all hours. also, hunters keep all sorts of hours - 1st night my neighbours were still up and loudly chatting at 2:30 a.m. went down & complained to front desk [had NEVER done that at any motel before] but don't think they did anything about it - never heard them come up to the room. 2nd night no problems w/neighbour but it was different people.

bed not bad, but awful pillows - small & thin. put one in the pillowcase of a second to get some bulk. typical b'fast w/waffles, rolls, etc. plus one more hot dish. good hot tub - HOT!

Room Tip: ask NOT to stay next to hunters!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Jolene checked us in, very pleasant and helpful, answered all our questions. We went to our room, and while unpacking discovered we left the toothpaste at home. There was a little card by the water glasses advising the desk carried "forgotten products". We checked and sure enough my husband came back with toothpaste. We had plenty of pillows which pleased me. The AC was on when we entered the room and it was nice and cool.

The next morning we went to the hospitality room for coffee and was pleased with the choices of breakfast items, and flavored coffee. EXCELLENT!!!!

On the second morning I went to the desk and asked Jessica why an alarm goes off at 0400, waking us up, and continues to go off about every half hour. She advised it was the Microwave; all we had to do was set the correct time on the Microwave or unplug it. I did wonder why we weren't advised of this when we checked in; "oh by the way if you don't want the microwave alarm to wake you at 0400, you may want to unplug it before going to bed." That would have been easy enough.....I was not able to find the source of the alarm, then it would quit and I would go back to sleep and then it would go off again. I even thought it was something outside. But Jessica was well aware of the fact it was the MIcrowave.

The Inn for the most part was fairly clean; the carpets need a good cleaning, the halls and our room, so I'm sure other rooms could use the same.

Room Tip: We were a ways from the busy street and didn't hear the traffic, that was a plus. The employees...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I am a Choice Hotel Diamond member, so I choose their hotels when they are available. This is the worst hotel I've stayed in. The rooms are seldom clean and the staff is very unaccommodating, including the general manger. The hotel had shown improvement over the last few months, but has slipped back into bad habits. No matter what room I book, I get a different room than requested.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business