“Friendliest service!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Davenport, Iowa
“Friendliest service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is a little 'road weary' and our room wasn't very clean, mildew in the shower, funky smell in the room....but the good news is that they are remodeling!
During my short stay I had contact with three front desk employees - ALL of them were helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly - based on my contact with them I'd return to this hotel!! But, when the renovations are complete this will not only be a nice spot, they have the staff to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christi B, General Manager at Quality Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent comment. We are in the middle of our current renovation that includes new paint, carpet, tile, bedding and more. I invite you back to see what we hav done with the place in the months to come!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tullahoma, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The motel was clean and comfortable. It seemed older than most Comfort Inns we've visited and had a warn appearance. The washer and dryer were conveniently located near the lobby and there was a restaurant next door. Wireless internet worked fine, as did the shower.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks to reviews and comments like this we have gone through with the housekeeping staff and done some follow up training to refresh the way they look at the cleanliness of the rooms. It is our intent that with the current renovations and consistant refreshers like this we can continue to increase the value of our hotel for our guests.

Thank you again for your comment and we look foreword to seeing you again the next time you are in town.
Presho, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were pleased with our stay at the Aberdeen Comfort Inn and its proximity to the Mall. Our room was clean and had a microwave and refrigerator.
The pool was small for a Comfort Inn plus the hot tub was integrated into it. It seemed very full with four kids in it. It is also very loud perhaps due to the small room.
I saw some small maintenance issues but nothing major.
The breakfast area looked newly remodeled & was very nice. It was quite a complete breakfast with biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, waffles, fruit, and yogurt. The packaged donuts were awful. Is there no donut shop in town?
While the front desk clerks were nice, we encountered confusion over our reservation at both check-in and check-out. I would suggest when changing reservations they use last names not just 1st names.
If the price is right, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are constantly updating our breakfast based on guest responses of what is good and what shouldbe replaced. We are bound to some items, but are always trying to get those items at the best quality possible.
Pipestone, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was in town on business, the rooms were very nice and clean. Service at check out was terrible, I waited for another customer to get done and the computer system was slow. Thought I would have breakfast while I waited but there was no hot food left except to make waffles. The lady setting up breakfast felt so bad about it when I left she ran out to my car and gave me a to-go breakfast. I thought that was a nice gesture. I was limited in time to get to an appt. and was almost late because I waited for check-out. Need to have express check out so you don't have to wait in line. The customer ahead of me even apologized because it was taking a long time. The person at the desk said the computer was slow. 15-20 mn's to check out is way to long. I tried the business section and that computer took forever to get anything so I gave up. I thought the rooms were great, but without a better checkout system I would think twice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tomball
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was in town for a funeral. I thought the service was exceptional. The people who worked there, including the lady who works the breakfast room, were all very accomodating and nice.

The rooms are pretty good. The beds were a little hard - but not terrible. The carpet seemed to be in okay shape. Didn't have any problems with the room although it could use a paint job. The room was very clean, the towels were in good shape (but not great), and the linens were good. I noticed that the trash was not taken out the first night of my 2 night stay which was strange. Another thing was a light bulb was missing from one of the two bed lamps. I didn't say anything since I couldn't use the lamp anyhow since I needed the plug for my CPAP.

I used the exercise machine. I couldn't get the elliptical to work but the treadmill did. It slips a bit when you are on it but it does okay. When I checked out the lady at the desk asked me if I got the machines to work. It was a nice personal touch.

Breakfast is not bad. They do have hot items there including eggs and sausage. The scrambled eggs were not great but the rest of it was sufficient. There was plenty of food and places to sit.

All in all I would recommend to anyone staying in Aberdeen. It was a little bit pricy, but not totally out of range for the amenities that you get. The place could use an elevator too. If I were handicapped and only had the second floor available as a walk-in, I couldn't stay there. An elevator makes it a bit easier to use if you have a lot of bags as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Butte, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Great Staff Jon and Colleen were the Best!!! Traveling with children we ran out of many things towels, toliet paper, , plus cookies. They kept my kids happy with cookies and always were happy to get more. Every thing I needed they ran and got it for me......Sarah Was also great with Breakfast...Rooms were dated but very clean....happy with breakfast and Sarah was good to clean up spills and get more of any thing the kids ask for. Motel itself was very dated...But very clean, but the tubs need to be replaced.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Weather caused us to make a stop. The staff were great, check in and out a little slow but we got a wonderful price. Rooms were clean, was a little hard to cool the room down but I tend to like cooler rooms than most people. Breakfast was fine the next morning. Would definitely go back

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends