“Very Poor Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had reservations for 3 rooms. Paid them in advance. When I got there they only had 2 of the 3 rooms reserved. I had to pay for the 3 room again. I ended up paying for 4 rooms total and only using 3!!! Buyer beware.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mkjones44, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that your stay with us was not all that you expected and for that I am truly sorry. I apologize that there were some additional room charges that you did not expect and that the rooms you requested were not initially available when you first arrived. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went though. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel that they are getting a good value.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Easy check in process. Use your AAA/CAA and get an even better discount. Platinum members parking out front!
We are having trouble keeping the fan on as it is way to noisy with foot steps up above us. Try and get the 4th floor, maybe quieter. We sleep with ear plugs so do not foresee any problems. Very comfortable new rooms, tv and lovely washroom.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very nice, new hotel. Excellent rooms, breakfast and a decent pool. Has two elevators so little waiting. The only thing missing from my room was a refridgerator. I stayed as a rewards stay so that may have not been included. Not a big deal though, will stay again when in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hotel is nice, but staff is hard to find at certain times. Mechanical issues and noises kept me up 2 nights in a row. Staff made their apologies, but that did not fix the problem. So much for their so called 100% guarantee! I am switching my corporate account to another hotel in the same city. Hampton Inn is generally a great hotel, just not Aberdeen, SD.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Clean, quiet, easy to locate, no complaints. The staff on Christmas Day was very friendly and pleasant. Rooms are very comfortable. And they still have bathtubs, not the walk-in showers, which I personally prefer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel since it was new so have had experience over a couple of year. The hotel is a reliable place to stay and has good quality and I've never found it unclean or unacceptable. I think this hotel has raised the standard for hotels in the area. Staff is always helpful and friendly-many students at the nearby university.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I found the staff to be very accomidating to my business needs. The location is excellant with a nice restaurant attached to the hotel. My room was very quiet and was very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this location for both business and liesure travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business