“Baptism wkend”

Super 8 Aberdeen East
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed 8 April 2014

when we checked in we were assigned a room with lights that were not working - the young man @ the desk attempted to resolve the problem & quickly moved us to another room when he was not able to fix it. the TV was very old with black lines on the top & bottom of the picture.
the TV's in many of the Super 8's need to be replaced with flat screens.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Brenda H, General Manager at Super 8 Aberdeen East, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
James,

I am glad to hear the front desk staff responded quickly to your concerns during your recent stay and that he was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Although we provide extensive cable TV service and free Wifi, among other amenities, I am aware the "World's First Super 8" has not updated the TV's to flatscreens as of yet. We hope our clean, comfortable accommodations, indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary breakfast, and welcoming staff offset that inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us to serve you.

Brenda
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I decided to stay here on our trip out to Aberdeen in search of a place to live since the military is moving us out! We received a very affordable price, it is clean and is just what we needed, simple, clean and quiet. All of the staff has been very kind! I would definitely stay here again or recommend it if family comes to visit us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jenna,

We are thrilled you enjoyed staying with us at Super 8 East in Aberdeen! Your positive and thoughtful review is so encouraging to us! Thank you for taking your time to write it and also for allowing us to serve you!

WELCOME TO ABERDEEN! Home of the "World's First Super 8".

Brenda
Tea
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for the first time this weekend for a family visit. I am not going to say it was quiet, but on the weekend with families staying, yes, kids will be kids, and my family is no exception (tweens and toddlers, need I say more?). The walls must be pretty good, as the late night outbursts from the tweens didn't illicit any complaints (and I asked in the morning if there were any problems). The pool area is nice, the rooms are great with the included refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers. Wifi worked just fine. One note on the integrity of the staff...excellence! One of the tweens left a slipper in my room, and the staff found it, and contacted me about it! If they went to all of that trouble just for a slipper, how much more if I had left a laptop or purse? I am greatly impressed, as integrity and customer service seem to be dying rapidly in this country, but it is alive and strong at this Super 8!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with the noisier lot, ask for a lower level room as the elephant herd will not...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Brenda H, General Manager at Super 8 Aberdeen East, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Pamela,

I agree with you in that some wonderful human characteristics and some customer service standards seem to be disappearing in our society but we don't want to be a part of that. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you appreciated our efforts and enjoyed your stay with us! You have been an encouragement to us! I hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.