“Won't stay there again because of stairs.”

Super 8 Aberdeen East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you've stayed at one, you know. "functional', somewhat 'spartan', a couple of steps away from being excellent, but no effort to get there. Price was high. Service was good. Very proud that this was the FIRST Super 8, but sorry, I really don't care. What difference does it make? What's wrong? AC was noisy, all night long. Exhaust fan in bathroom was the same. Just noisy, not restful. Smallest KING bed I think I've ever slept on, but yet a King price for it. 2 pillows?? Really? TV is straight out of the 1990s. Breakfast was typical, but the breakfast 'queen' (worker, older lady) was quite the Nazi. I personally saw her break several young patrons hearts as they wanted waffles but 'she was too busy to help'. Others noticed her as well. Put a smile on, and enjoy the kids!

Room Tip: find a different one.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm not a big fan of Super 8's but this one helped me to not be so quick to turn one down. The room was nice, a little outdated but I wasn't in there for the tv. It was clean besides one part of the shower curtain which wasn't a big deal to me. The staff was amazing, I work for a Days Inn and tried to book a room with the employee discount but it wasn't working so the night front desk attendant just gave me the discount. The pool was so warm my 1.5 year old son was actually able to enjoy it. Normally we only get to go in for 5 minutes before he's too cold but we were in for about a half hour. The hot tub needs to be fixed so the paint isn't chipping off but not a major issue. I would say the need to have another waffle iron because there was a line of at least 7 people in front of us when went down to get breakfast so we never got one. Also a pen and notepad in the room would have been nice so I could have left a note for housekeeping to make sure they wash the shower curtain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family