“Outstanding Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport

MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
New Richmond
“Outstanding Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel to ride the Tail of the Dragon and visit Smokey Mountain Harley. The staff we the friendliest I have experienced in a very long time. They went out of their way to ensure there was plenty of Breakfast foods for everyone. They even provided lunch for us one day. Becky was an outstanding hostess and she seemed to play the role of the hotel Mom. She took really good care of us! The rooms were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the area!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert B
Teagan T, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you and your guest had a great experience at the MainStay Suites of Alcoa. We are the perfect hotel for anyone visiting the Tail of the Dragon and Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson due to convenient driving distance, and because we are an overall “biker friendly” hotel. We take pride in our complimentary breakfast and the cleanliness of our rooms, and our team works really hard to go above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests’ needs are met during their stays. In our eyes, recommendations are a true gift, and we would like to say thank you for your time and consideration. We hope to see you back again to ride The Dragon, and don’t forget to ask about the MainStay Suites Bike Wash Area the next time you stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Although my stay here was brief, it's been a delight. The staff has made me feel right at home from the start. Leslie greeted me with a smile when I arrived at 1:00am and Adam has gone beyond the call of duty from helping me sort out my complicated bill, to chatting with me about all that this sweet town offers....I get the sense that he really cares that I get want I need. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I love that there is always fruit and tea available in the lobby, and the location is close to everything! I will be coming back over the next few months, and will be happy to book with MainStay Suites again and again....I may even bring a few friends next time.
Thanks you so much!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Beverly H
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to make a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the MainStay Suites of Alcoa, TN. We take pride in knowing that our team delivers customer service with a smile even at 1:00am in the morning. Each team member really cares about our guests’ needs and will go above and beyond to ensure that those needs are met whether it is finding the closest grocery store, interesting site-seeing places or the best restaurant in town to visit. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed the complimentary tea and fruit offered in our 24 hour lobby. The six different tea flavors offered to our guest allows them to enjoy a variety of options during their stay. We look forward to your return visit in the next few months and having the opportunity to provide you and your guest great southern hospitality MainStay Suites style.
Saltville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks for a business related trip. The staff was always super friendly and available to help with any request. I would travel home on the weekends so this gave me the opportunity to have a different room each week that I stayed. I will say that the third level was my favorite as there was much less noise and traffic. The mainfloor rooms tended to be very noisy from the people moving around constantly. They did serve breakfast every morning which was cooked fresh. The rooms are very clean. Overall it was a great experience and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trehog
Teagan T, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your recent comment on Trip Advisor regarding your 4 week stay at the MainStay Suites. The staff of MainStay Suites is truly passionate about not only providing Customer Service, but creating an experience that is memorable and a pleasant one, and I am so thankful you were able to experience this first hand. The MainStay Suites also takes pride in providing our guests with spacious suites that are clean and comfortable so they can relax and enjoy their stay, and typically when you stay a few times it is very easy to find a location you prefer to call home whether it is the first floor, the second floor or the third floor. The hot breakfast is prepared every morning and our staff goes out of their way to make sure each guest is taken care of. Overall, I am so thankful you had a great experience and will stay with us again. Thank you again for your time and kind words. We hope to have you back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had a wonderful extended stay here during January-February 2012 while in the area for training. The location is great, with 3 good restaurants within walking distance. The value is the best in the area for what you get. Breakfast is pretty good, and the coffee in the lobby is tasty. The rooms are extremely clean and use their space well. The best thing, though, is the people. Everyone in this place, from housekeeping to management, is friendly and helpful. The front desk staff asked me every day how I was doing, and told me to let them know if I needed anything. I got the feeling that they were looking out for me, and for my family when they were able to visit. Becky who does breakfast on weekends is an expert on the local area and is great with kids--my whole family loved her! I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rcollins78
Thank you for your kind words on your Trip Advisor comment. I truly believe you encompassed what the MainStay Suites is and the customer service a guest will receive when they stay with us. I am so glad you saw value in the MainStay Suites while enjoying our great perks such as; 3 restaurants within walking distance, hot breakfast buffet, tasty coffee 24 hours a day and clean spacious rooms. The staff truly takes pride in being helpful and assisting our guests in any way they can, and Becky our Breakfast Attendant is a true “STAR” with her outgoing personality and her true Southern Hospitality. We hope you and your family come back to see us and we will do our best to deliver the same expectation you grew to love about MainStay Suites of Alcoa, TN.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have stayed in lots of different long-term type of hotels and many of them offer some kind of dinner on certain nights. Some have really decent food and some I look at and know to skip, but when I stayed here for 3 weeks, I was more impressed than ever!! They have this dinner a couple of nights a week that puts all the other extended stay dinners to shame. During my last week there they had this big military appreciation dinner, which was super sweet and thoughtful, but the best part was the food was amazing. They had huge pieces of the best barbecue chicken that I have ever eaten, with slaw and baked beans and sweet tea and that's when I decided I had to find out who was behind me getting to enjoy one amazing dinner after another. After a little investigation, I found out the cook was a very professional lady named Traci that had been so kind and had went out of her way to help me several times over the last couple of weeks. None of the times she helped me had anything to do with food though. She helped me with my stuff when I had my hands full, she helped when I lost my cell phone and her and another gentlemen named Adam even helped me to find the perfect place to get a pedicure. I pictured a sweet grandma in the back of the kitchen with a hair net making all that home cooked food, I was very surprised when I learned that someone that was an obvious hand in the smooth day to day operation of the hotel was also preparing my dinner. They also had a great breakfast buffet every morning. I guess its obvious, but when I am away from home, I really enjoy home cooking, especially when it is included in the cost of the room. I will never stay anywhere else that's for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travelsomuch1997
Thank you so much for taking time to write about your MainStay Suites experience on Trip Advisor. You highlighted one of our specialties here at the MainStay Suites, “Manager’s Reception”. We offer Manager’s Reception every Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6 for our guests and usually consists of a home cooked meal provided by the staff or Light Appetizers from a local restaurant such as; O’Charley’s, Texas Roadhouse, Snappy Tomato or Puleo’s Grille. During your last week at the MainStay Suites you got to experience the Heart & Spirit of what MainStay Suites is all about. Our Director of Sales, Traci Lunsford, put together a “Thank You” Party for returning military service men/women from Afghanistan. Traci cooked and served barbeque chicken, potato salad and much more plus each attendee received a special thank you bag. During Manager’s Receptions you can always predict that Traci will be there to greet you and fill your bellies with home cooked food. We know it is hard to be away from home, and that is why it is so important to us to provide a “Home Away from Home” atmosphere for our guests to enjoy. MainStay Suites is home! Thank you again for your wonderful words and never worry - when you visit, Adam and other Guest Service Agents will tell you all of their secrets and hidden secret places to go and enjoy.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We had a meeting there and were running late so I did the check in. We travel with 2 little dogs, which they charged an additional $25 pet fee. I was a bit disappointed about paying a fee but there we were. I put my dogs back in the car to finish the checkin. When I got back to the front desk I was informed that I had been upgraded to a first floor room as it would be better for us with the dogs to get them outside. This upgrad was at no additional charge. I was very happy.

Then when I arrived at the room I was really surprised and pleased! It was truly a suite with a separate bedroom, upgraded granite countertops, big windows. It felt so good to be in a little home!

Adam gave my husband directions to the store and gave his phone # in case he got lost. The next morning I was on the tail end of breakfast, but they ensured I got my food and juice.

We are in hotels for over half a month and this has to be the top one for this month. Highly recommend it. Wonderful customer care!

Thanks Guys!!

Room Tip: No need, this staff knows your needs and will make sure they place you in a room that is best for yo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kcbobalou
Teagan T, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent experience with MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. We take pride in being a Pet Friendly Hotel because our furry four-legged friends are just as important as our two-legged guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your upgrade and being on the first floor. We have found guests that bring along their pets find it more convenient to have a first floor room close to an exit during their stay, therefore, it is one of our main goals to provide this for our guests with furry friends. We are so pleased that you were pleasantly surprised by our all suites hotel. The newly renovated rooms are beautiful and provide the comfort of being at home even when you are miles away. We’re very happy that Adam and our other staff members provided you with such great customer service. This is very typical of our hotel! Thank you again for your kind words and when you come back through ask about our new Pet Package - it will be perfect for you and your pets.
Fla.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

A unexcepted stay at Christmas,turned out to be a pleasent surprise. The people at Main Stay gave great service. The Desk Clerk, Adam was so kind to me. The breakfast lady went out of her way in helping me making sure I had extra to eat because I had no car and it was Christmas. She gave me snacks from their emergency stash. I only thought this kind of hospitality was paid for till I meet the Main stay employees. I know it was there job to serve me but not there Job to go out of the way to be kind.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank baot l
Teagan T, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your recent comment on Trip Advisor regarding your unexpected stay at the MainStay Suites on Christmas. Traveling during the Holidays can have its challenges, and I am so glad we were here for you during your time of need. The staff of MainStay Suites really takes pride in delivering Southern Hospitality to our guests especially those that are experiencing unexpected difficulties. The staff of MainStay Suites is truly passionate about not only providing Customer Service, but creating an experience that is memorable and a pleasant one, and I am so thankful you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you again for your time and kind words and if you are in the area again we would love to have you back for some more Southern Hospitality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Hilton Knoxville Airport
Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!