“Just plain ole tired...”

MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Maryville, Tennessee
“Just plain ole tired...”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm a very busy single Mom of 2 children. My daughter is 15 and son is 10. Aside from work, school, social obligations, money issues, family and friends, and a home to care for on top of it all, sometimes life just gets a little too overwhelming. One such Friday afternoon I had just had enough. Without the funding for a full fledged vacation I decided to splurge on a nights stay at the Mainstay in Alcoa TN not 10 minutes from our home. Just walking in the front door felt like a million miles away. The lobby was such a peaceful beginning to a lovely night. The staff greeted us with a smile and found us a lovely suite for the night. It was very neat and clean and beautifully decorated! Immediately everyone claimed their "spot" for the night and changed for a dunk in the pool. Even as the staff passed by they each had a "hello" or a "ya'll need anything?' It was so pleasant to be cared in such a simple way. For dinner we enjoyed the short walk to the local restaurant ate fast and hurried back to the room where we enjoyed time together without the stress of the outside world. For that one night we were alone on our own little resort island far away from everyday world. We slept like babies and woke refreshed. The breakfast bar was such a treat and the children got a kick out of making their own fresh waffles.
Another dip in the pool and we reluctantly made the trek back to the real world.
Thank you Mainstay for giving us a lovely memory of the vacation we took in our own back yard.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. The MainStay Suites is a great hotel for a STAY-Vacation. A hotel where you can take your family and enjoy the nice outdoor pool and grill out on the wonderful patio and soak up some sunshine. Take some time off from cleaning your house and allow us to cater to you. We will provide you a friendly atmosphere with a “Home AWAY from Home” experience and to top it all off we will provide you a Hot Breakfast Buffet in the morning and housekeeping so you can be stress free and just focus on relaxing. The MainStay Suites is very competitive and it is very important to us to provide you a great value for price paid. The team is thrilled you enjoyed your time at the MainStay Suites. We hope to have you back soon to enjoy some more R & R in your own backyard.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Duluth, GA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We (2 of us) checked into the BW+ - Valdosta on the night of April 5. This was on the written recommendations, etc from our trusted website: TripAdvisor. Bottom line: This was a very good experience and we had no surprises or complaints. Check in was handled by a nice young lady with a great smile and great Southern Drawl! I gave this 4 stars as there are few, if any, real 5 star reports as that means total perfection, but, in this case I almost squeezed out star 5 for the Saturday morning breakfast that, in one word, was terrific! having stayed at many hundreds of motels in my 40+ years on the road, the total experience lived up to it's ratings from others. Recommend this hotel without reservation and will stay there again. Only concern to us (with allergies) was a policy of acceptance of pets.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room, away from traffic, and was given one. Quiet as a mouse, on third floor, rea...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Comment. The team really appreciates you taking the time to share your experience with other future guests of the MainStay Suites. We love no surprises and we strive for no complaints. Our number one priority is for our guest to have a pleasant stay and one that they want to share with others because they were happy with their overall experience. I do understand your one concern regarding our “Pet Friendly” Hotel, and our team takes pride in being able to provide accommodations for our guests that travel with their furry friends. However, it is also important that we are mindful of guest that have allergies; therefore, we do our best to only use rooms that are designated as pet friendly rooms for our four legged friends and their companions. Thank you again for your time and consideration. We hope to have you back so we can attempt to achieve that “5 STAR” RATING!
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I have used this hotel numerous times for many different reasons. Our first stay here was a large event and the staff and accomodations could not have been more perfect. They were even able to personalize this one with gift baskets for our special guests.

All the other times here have been for either family or small motorcyle rides. We always find the staff to be completely accomodating and the rooms are always clean.

If you need some personal attention, do not hesitate to ask. You will enjoy your stay at MainStay Suites, Alcoa, TN.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience about MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to the MainStay Suites and most importantly the trust you have in us to recommend our hotel to your friends & family. To me this speaks volume. Whether you are traveling in a large group or if you are traveling by yourself we want to ensure your needs are being met and that you are having a pleasant stay. Each team member plays an important role in making this happen. Thank you again for your loyalty and don’t hesitate to let us know when you are ready to plan your next Motorcycle Event. You won’t find a better “Biker Friendly” Hotel in the Alcoa/ Maryville TN area.
Franklin, TN
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

...stay somewhere else. Paid about $90 for a queen + sofa bed. Crowded room smelled like a wet canine mixed with cigs. Had a waffle for breakfast. Just a bad experience, sorry, but on the bright side it looks like this place has many fans!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank franklintitan
You are right, MainStay Suites has a huge fan base and we would like a second chance and the opportunity for you to fall in love with MainStay Suites like everyone else has. Our suites are a perfect fit for those that are staying one night or for one year, and if you haven’t stayed in a MainStay Suites before our Fully Equipped Kitchens and Living Rooms might have come as a surprise. Our Suites are designed to be a “Home Away From Home”, and if the Queen Suite was smaller than anticipated I have even larger suites to be considered so you can have the extra space you prefer. The MainStay Suites is a Pet Friendly Hotel and we do have designated rooms for our Pets and have a special regimen for cleaning those rooms specifically, which is why we charge a $25.00 pet fee. I apologize if you experienced a room that was designated as a pet room, and in the future I will make sure this is addressed accordingly so you can have a room that is allergen free. I would also like to apologize that your room had a smoke smell. The MainStay Suites has a $250.00 fee for guests that Smoke in a Non-Smoking Suite, which is printed on the registration card at check-in. We take this very seriously, and I will reiterate to my team how important it is to ensure our Non-Smoking rooms stay non-smoking. I do have 5 rooms on the property that will accommodate those that do prefer smoking; however, for all non-smokers our 3rd floor and 1st floor are 100% smoke free. Our #1 priority is to ensure you have a great experience, and I feel very confident if you were to give our hotel a second chance you would have a change of heart. Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are in town and needing hotel accommodations. I am a big believer in making things right…all I need is the opportunity.
Cambridge City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Our family booked a week-long stay in a cabin in Pigeon Forge, but decided at the last minute to head to Tennessee a day early, so we booked two suites at MainStay based on other reviews. We couldn't have been more pleased with our visit. Their rates were surprisingly low for the experience, their rooms were more than adequate, clean and comfortable, and stocked for an extended stay. Every staff member we had an opportunity to meet was kind and helpful, and the breakfast offering was a wonderful addition for a traveling family. My husband and I both remarked that if we make the trip again, we will defintely give our business to this establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy B
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for taking time out to share your experience at the MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you decided to stay with us after reading our on-line reviews from other guests, and we are even more pleased to know you had a pleasant stay at the MainStay Suites of Alcoa. One of our goals is to provide great value while providing a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests. MainStay Suites is one of the best secrets in Alcoa, TN where you and your family can enjoy a Hot Breakfast Buffet, a Comfortable Room with all the amenities for an extended stay, and a staff that will assist you with your needs with a smile. Thank you so much for the opportunity to show you why we feel the MainStay Suites is the best fit for all stays from 1 night to 30 nights. We hope to have you back again in the near future.
Easley, SC
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was in a non-smoking room with nothing but non-smoking rooms all around on the 1st floor. Yet, my room was infiltrated with cigarette smoke - I HATE that smell. They moved me to the 3rd floor and all was great until 9:30 that night - same problem again! The next day it wasn't until midnight and had the smoke again. I was there 5 nights and only the last night was smoke free.

On the plus side, Puleos Grille is next door - I highly recommend that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bobbyg2018
Thank you for sharing your experience at the MainStay Suites with Trip Advisor and with my Team so we can be proactive and prevent this particular situation from happening to another guest. I understand your concern, and I am thankful that my Team was able to respond and come to a resolution that allowed you to have a non-smoking room that was comfortable and clean. The MainStay Suites has a few smoking rooms available for those that would prefer a smoking suite; however, if we find a guest smoking in a non-smoking suite they will be fined $250.00; in order, to properly clean and sanitize the room for future non-smoking guests.
I am so glad you had an opportunity to enjoy Puleo’s Grille Restaurant that is within walking distance to the hotel. When you come back to MainStay Suites feel free to stop by and see the Front Desk Agents for a great 10% discount card for Puleo’s Grille.
We would love another opportunity to provide you a nice comfortable stay.
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I found this hotel for my husband who does a lot of out of town work. He loves it and will not stay anywhere else in town. I planned a trip down last minute with the kids and the staff was more than helpful finding a room and making sure we had everything we needed. The hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. The kitchenette was helpful so that I could make meals instead of eating out everyday. The free hot breakfast was delicious and all of the staff members are super friendly. Great location and highly recommended!!!

• Stayed January 2013
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to MainStay Suites. Our all suites hotel is a perfect fit whether you are staying 30 days or one night. You will enjoy the fully equipped kitchen and the opportunity to cook and eat in the comfort of your own room and save some money at the same time, and for those times you don’t feel like cooking come down and enjoy our Hot Breakfast Buffet in the morning or our Manager’s Reception every Tuesday & Thursday from 5pm-6pm for light appetizers and drinks. Our number one priority is guest satisfaction, and that is why our team works really hard to deliver a clean and comfortable hotel experience for every one of our guests. Knowing that we are the only hotel your husband will stay at in the area speaks volumes. We look forward to you and your family coming back down. Thank you again for your time and consideration we appreciate your kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Hilton Knoxville Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!