MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alcoa Inn(Alcoa)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suiteevery morningburner stoveice makersized refrigeratorchoice hotelsrestaurants within walking distanceroom keyfirst morningcades covethe dragongreat customer serviceyogurtstaff was friendlybed was very comfortablefree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Very nice and clean! The staff was very friendly and you really did feel like you were at home with family! Biker friendly, great patio with grill, rooms were well insulated from outside noise, having a kitchen in the room was a bonus for a home cooked meal if you wanted. Truly feels like home away from home, being with awesome friends just made the whole experience more enjoyable! I would most definitely stay there again. It would a first choice when traveling again, especially if I was traveling with my kids

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

The MainStay Suites strives to create a “Home Away From Home” experience for our guests. We want you to enjoy spacious & clean suites with all the amenities you could & would need as if you were at home. Enjoy our Hot Breakfast Buffet in the mornings and our Home Cooked Manager’s Receptions on Tuesdays & Thursday evenings. Relax with friends on our back patio deck and soak up the beautiful mountain scenery and good conversation. Just remember when you come back to the MainStay Suites you are coming back to familiar faces & southern hospitality at its best.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband I stayed during the hog rally. I was so impressed with the hotel. The desk Clerk Amy was so helpful to me when I forgot ... of all thing my toothbrush. I ask her where I could get one and she said the hotel had them for the guest, she even offered me toothpast. Then The next day My husband and I came down and ate breakfast, Oh wow what a treat it was resturant quality. A first for hotels eating for us. Then the most polite person came out and talk to us, Miss Tracy. She gave us a run down on what was happening in the town. She even gave us her personal cell phone number so if we needed any thing. Wow what service I can't beging to tell you how happy we were at the Mainstay. We went because of the hog rally now r coming back to stay in the fall for all the other activities she told us about. Thanks Tracy and the staff. I just fell in love with you all of YOU.

Room Tip: the for was great and we were above the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

The MainStay Suites is proud to be the #1 Biker Friendly hotel in the Alcoa/ Maryville Tennessee area. We really enjoyed participating in the 2013 HOG Rally and overall was really pleased with turn out. The team worked really hard on making sure all the guests knew about all the events in the area and most importantly how to get there, and we all owe a special thanks to Traci for pulling this information together so everyone could pass it along. The MainStay Suites team also understands that most hotels offer a breakfast, and that is why we work really hard to provide a Hot Breakfast Buffet that is a step above the rest. We love our Bikers and we are so glad you fell in love with MainStay, but most of all our Team. We can’t wait for you to come back! Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We don't usually do these reviews because we stay in a lot of different places and some are okay and some are bad, but when we had a job to do in Knoxville we were so lucky that the girl that worked their Tracy called us and set us up with a great deal to stay in Alcoa. Right down the road from our site and we were really impressed. The staff was great, they were the best we have dealt with all year and like I said we stay in hotels alot. They were pleasant and thoughtful never hesitated to go the extra mile for any of us, I was really impressed when I first came in behind a lady that was really upset about some family problems and that same lady Tracy and another lady that seems like she was the manager, sorry she had an interesting name but I cant remember it, anyway they both made her feel right at home. Then they checked us in and helped us with a few things like directions. They have a breakfast that is pretty good, nothing to write home about, but well done and more than impressive to us. The lady doing the breakfast was very nice and helpful as well. It looks as if they have just updated the hotel so I thought the price was great too. We are looking at setting a job up again there and will definetly stay again at that same hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent stay at the Mainstay Suites of Alcoa on Trip Advisor, especially electing the MainStay Suites to be your first review. We work very closely with Construction Crews and we understand you need nice & clean accommodations for your crew at a great value in order to meet your budget requirements. Our all suites hotel has fully equipped kitchens, comfortable plush beds, and a hot breakfast buffet, which is perfect for your crews needs. The MainStay Suites Team is here to provide above and beyond customer service with a smile. We are Southern Hospitality at its best. If you get another job in the Knoxville or Alcoa/ Maryville TN area please feel free to let us know. We would love to work with you and your crew again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We chose this hotel because they allowed our two small Boston Terriers to stay. The photos looked promising as did customer reviews. I stayed for three nights, paid cash up front and requested light housekeeping since apparently they don't do this unless you ask them. I had never stayed in a hotel where you don't get maid service without asking! We did not receive the service any of the days we stayed despite my going to the front desk each day, receiving a profuse apology, being confirmed yet again I was on the list and yet again the next day being passed by. We had to request towels every day, toilet paper, trash removal. I can live with making my own bed and the sheets not being changed but I paid $100/night for this? Also, you'd better bring utensils and paper plates and such because while they have a dishwasher, you get about four glasses but no dishware. There is no DVD in the bedroom or living room (I stayed in the 1 bedroom) and it reaked of smoke despite requesting a non-smoking room. The breakfast was average but did the trick.There was also dog poop at the end of the hall and we felt compelled to tell the clerk that it was not our dogs since they are completely potty trained and if it had been, we are diligent about cleaning up after them. I doubt that message had been passed along. All in all quite disappointed.

Room Tip: I'd suggest the 1 bedroom suite since it's not terribly big itself depending on your needs and how long you're staying. If you want no smoking, make sure you emphasize it more than once.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

The MainStay Suites is a pet friendly hotel and we love when our guests bring their furry four-legged friends, and I am appreciative that you elected us based on customer reviews and that we fit your pet friendly needs. The MainStay Suites is an extended stay hotel and we have found that our guest appreciate having service once a week providing them peace and quiet and the option when to have their Housekeeping. We understand that housekeeping service is important and that is why we ask all of our guests at check-in if they would like for us to provide them daily housekeeping service in order to make sure their housekeeping needs are being met during their stay. I am so sorry that we failed to provide this service to you during your stay, and I will personally make an effort to reiterate to my team why it is so important to review the Housekeeping with each guest and follow through with their request. We understand our guest deserve “Value” for their dollar spent and that is why your response is very important to me.

I love your idea about the DVD players, and hopefully in the future that might be an amenity we are able to offer our guest. However, until then if a guest was to bring a DVD or gaming device our 32” flat screen televisions are compatible with most brands. Our all suites hotel does offer fully equipped kitchens with dishes, cookware, and utensils and if you were to need more during your stay please do not hesitate to let one of our friendly team members know so we can make sure your needs are being met during your stay.

Our number one goal at MainStay Suites is to ensure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and I apologize that you feel the MainStay Suites fell below your expectations. I am a big believer in second chances and if you are back in the area I would love to have a second chance to show you who the true MainStay Suites is. Please feel free to reach out to the General Manager Directly. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm a very busy single Mom of 2 children. My daughter is 15 and son is 10. Aside from work, school, social obligations, money issues, family and friends, and a home to care for on top of it all, sometimes life just gets a little too overwhelming. One such Friday afternoon I had just had enough. Without the funding for a full fledged vacation I decided to splurge on a nights stay at the Mainstay in Alcoa TN not 10 minutes from our home. Just walking in the front door felt like a million miles away. The lobby was such a peaceful beginning to a lovely night. The staff greeted us with a smile and found us a lovely suite for the night. It was very neat and clean and beautifully decorated! Immediately everyone claimed their "spot" for the night and changed for a dunk in the pool. Even as the staff passed by they each had a "hello" or a "ya'll need anything?' It was so pleasant to be cared in such a simple way. For dinner we enjoyed the short walk to the local restaurant ate fast and hurried back to the room where we enjoyed time together without the stress of the outside world. For that one night we were alone on our own little resort island far away from everyday world. We slept like babies and woke refreshed. The breakfast bar was such a treat and the children got a kick out of making their own fresh waffles.
Another dip in the pool and we reluctantly made the trek back to the real world.
Thank you Mainstay for giving us a lovely memory of the vacation we took in our own back yard.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. The MainStay Suites is a great hotel for a STAY-Vacation. A hotel where you can take your family and enjoy the nice outdoor pool and grill out on the wonderful patio and soak up some sunshine. Take some time off from cleaning your house and allow us to cater to you. We will provide you a friendly atmosphere with a “Home AWAY from Home” experience and to top it all off we will provide you a Hot Breakfast Buffet in the morning and housekeeping so you can be stress free and just focus on relaxing. The MainStay Suites is very competitive and it is very important to us to provide you a great value for price paid. The team is thrilled you enjoyed your time at the MainStay Suites. We hope to have you back soon to enjoy some more R & R in your own backyard.