“Dayton Hitmen Softball #33”

MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dayton Hitmen Softball #33”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay was very very nice, place was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The facilities were all updated.

They accommodated our group very well I look forward to staying there again next year.

The beds were comfortable and firm the rooms and bathrooms or very clean ( could use a few more towels though) and I'm sure if we would've asked for him we would have received them

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
General M, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Medway, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband plays softball for a Senior Softball Club Dayton Legends Hitmen we have stayed here for a few years now they are awesome people Teagan is such a awesome sales girl to help you with your needs and all the other staff members are also amazing when we arrived there this yr there was a welcome Dayton Legends Hitmen sign waiting for us that was pretty awesome thanks again for always taking care of all of us you all rock see ya next year

Room Tip: there all great rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay. Staff was very friendly and had a great breakfast. Great location and plenty of space for the family. Rooms were very nice and clean. Great customer service. Thanks to everyone and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
General M, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had been riding motorcycles all day, I went right in the door and straight to the bathroom where I noticed there was no toilet paper on the roll. No biggie, I figured housekeeping had just forgotten to put it out. THEN, my husband came in the room, jumped straight in the shower so we could get cleaned up to go eat. No little shampoo/conditioner bottles, no soap, etc. I started towards the front desk to get soap for him when I ran into a fellow bike rider (no one I knew), but she gave me a new soap from her room. While he was in the shower, I closed the window blinds and that's when I saw the empty beer bottle behind the tv. Ugh. I decided to shower as soon as he got out so we could go on to eat. When I pulled the shower curtain closed, I noticed a dirty wash cloth on the curtain rod. I asked him if he put it up there. He had not. He got it down for me, it was dried stiff. YUCK! I tried not to think what was on it. When I came out of the bathroom I noticed the bottle of vegetable oil in the kitchen next to the sink. I'm assuming it was left behind by the previous guests. The bottle and cabinet where it sat was greasy and nasty. I began to wonder if the bed had been changed, had the room even been cleaned, etc. The bed was made, but with all the other issues, I didn't feel confident that it was clean linens. I sent my husband to the desk to ask Nick if we could get a different room. He said the only other room he had available was a handicap accessible room with 2 double beds. My husband is 6'3" and 250+ lbs, not a small guy, so a double bed is out of the question. Nick said he would clean our room while we were gone to eat. He explained that he was the only person working that night, so he'd do the best he could. I requested that he AT LEAST change the bed linens. When we came back from eating supper, the bed linens had been changed and the beer bottle was gone. We were so worn out, otherwise I would have just found us another place to stay, we just tried not to think about it. The next morning when we were leaving, Nick apologized again and said he'd take some off our bill for the poor service we received. I appreciate the offer, but I'm just not sure $15 off made up for our troubles.
I actually make routings/directions, hotel/car reservations, give recommendations, etc at my job. I try my hardest to find the good in every place I visit. This has been very difficult for me because I love to tell people of my experiences and refer them to stay where I stayed, eat where I ate, visit what I did, etc.
I hate to say, but I'm not at all satisfied with our visit and I feel like the $65 the room ended up costing us was money wasted. Based on this visit, I would NOT recommend anyone to stay here. Sorry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
The Mainstay Suites takes pride in providing all of our guests with a clean room and exceptional customer service. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your recent stay with us. We use all guest feedback as a learning tool to improve our service. We would love another opportunity to provide you with the guest experience that we are known for here at the Mainstay Suites. Thank you.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm a platinum member in the Choice Rewards program, so I stay at a lot of Choice Hotels. The MainStay Suites is one of Choice's more obscure brands. It's kind of a "mid-level" extended-stay brand. Nothing too fancy, but useful if you're staying a few nights or want a little extra space for the family, or a kitchenette.

For what it is, this property is fine. The rooms are on the large side and are furnished in 3-star quality (functional, but not pretty). The beds are pretty standard Choice quality (not as nice as the 4-star chains, but good). The staff was friendly. The free breakfast is remarkably mediocre, as almost all Choice hotel breakfasts are. If you enjoy instant eggs, a waffle maker, sausage patties and the like, you'll find it fine. If you want a restaurant-quality breakfast, you'll be extremely disappointed.

The hotel is very convenient to the TYS Knoxville airport -- less than 5 minutes away (although the Hilton is AT the airport). There are several chain restaurants within a minute walk of the hotel; it is in an office park neighborhood. I would certainly stay here again if I needed a room in this area. Just temper your expectations a bit from the glowing reviews.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave's_reviews
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for being a Choice Hotels Platinum Reward Member! We appreciate your business and your continued loyalty. The MainStay Suites is one of the chains under the Choice Hotels umbrella, and we are here to cater to guests that have extended stay or even one to three night needs. The fully equipped kitchens are great for today’s traveler. The kitchens offer the ability to cook in the room and save on food expenses or even better allows guests that are on specialty diets the opportunity to stay on their diet while traveling by providing ample storage room and full size refrigerators.

The world is changing and the MainStay Suites is here to stay with the trends and provide our guests a comfortable stay with great value. We want our guests to enjoy clean and spacious suites, complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily, 24 hour fitness room with newly added updates and exceptional customer service with a smile.

Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to provide you hotel accommodations while you were in the Maryville/ Alcoa area! We hope you consider staying with us in the future so we can do everything we can to earn another review that exceeds your expectations.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I felt like I was at home while I was staying here. The staff was wonderful and breakfast was amazing. When I checked In I was greeted by Dana who was a delight. She was warming and so friendly. Dana made sure we ha everything we needed and just showed us what great customer service was and should be. Thanks to everyone we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at the MainStay Suites - Airport on Trip Advisor. The team is pleased to know you were taken care of from the moment you checked in to the minute you checked out. Our team works hard to deliver customer service with smile and ensure our guests needs are not only met but exceeded. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Thank you again!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked a group trip at this hotel, and the staff were awesome! They went above and beyond to make our group feel at home. They were so friendly! One of the kitchen staff even provided paper plates for our late night pizza. Thank you so much! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor with other future potential guests. The MainStay Suites is the perfect hotel for all groups of all sizes. Our Group Manager works really hard to ensure our groups receive competitive pricing, extra value and southern hospitality with a smile. Our all suites hotel can accommodate large groups as well as groups that have 10 or less rooms. No matter the size or event the MainStay Suites is the perfect hotel for your group. Enjoy a hot breakfast buffet, 24 hour guest laundry, complimentary WI-FI, spacious clean suites with fully equipped kitchens, and 3 restaurants within walking distance. The MainStay Suites also has a Meeting Room on-site that is great for groups to utilize as a break-a-way room or to use as a meet & greet for your group guests. Thank you again for your time and consideratin. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty to the MainStay Suites. We hope to have you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Hilton Knoxville Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!