“Convenient location”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Newport, Tennessee
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel twice, going to and coming back from an overseas flight. It was most convenient to be able to leave my car parked there, for no extra charge, and to walk right over to the airport.

The rooms are good, the beds are comfortable, the food is excellent and less pricey than one would expect. In my first room, the toilet didn't flush very well and a receptacle at the desk was broken. I could hear every word that was spoken on the phone in the next room, the walls were pretty thin. The second room was looking out over the pool and at 7 am two huge lights that were turned on right in front of my window woke me up.

The pool is nice, especially with the outside light, even though the hot tub is a bit small. The fitness center is nicely equipped as well.

I would like to stay there again, for the convenience of having my car parked right there when I come back from my next flight and a comfortable bed waiting for me around midnight after a 24 hour trip. However, I am leaving in the afternoon, no need to spend the night BEFORE the trip in the hotel. And unfortunately, their policy is that you have to spent the night before the trip there to be able to leave your car. So I will probably have someone pick me up at the airport and not spend the night after the trip, unless I get a confirmation from a manager that I could indeed leave my car there again.

I would sure like to have a nice lunch there before my next trip, and after the trip look forward to the pool, the excellent breakfast buffet and friendly staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate the feedback, as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement, as well as what we are doing well. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location adjacent to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal and the ability to leave your car in our parking lot while you travel. Unfortunately, you must stay with us before your flight out to enjoy this service. Thank you very much for your business, and I do hope you will choose us again the next time you are flying out of Knoxville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Harriman TN, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very nice and clean room; beds and pillows are really comfortable. They said they were getting ready to change out/remodel everything Nov 2013, but it was very nice the way it is so it should be even better. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Only problem was the room temp was a little hard to control, but I have run into that at hotels more often than not. Overall I would definitely stay again. The airport is just next door, and a short walk down a connecting sidewalk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville airport terminal via a covered sidewalk. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is its proximity to the Knoxville Airport. Otherwise, it would shrivel up and go away. I think it gets booked up for UT home football games, and I'm sure the patrons are pretty rough on the property on those weekends. It shows. The floor on our level was littered with paper waste and a room service tray (at 5:00 pm on a non-football weekend Friday). Really, the room was OK. It was clean and had a comfortable bed. We slept well. We went to the bar at 5:30, and there were very few people there. However, the service was terrible. We ordered a bar snack, and it took forever to get there and came in a plastic basket like you get at Hardee's.

I would recommend that you look for another hotel, unless you need instant access to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David A
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you had with debris in the hallway and poor service in the bar. This is unacceptable to me, and I will take immediate action to make sure it does not happen again. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. As far at UT home games, we actually host the visiting teams and have no issues with our guests on those weekends. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Helena MT, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Being at the airport, you expect some plane noise. But the Delta repair/maintenance station is right outside the window. Jets checked engines from 4:00 a.m. until after midnight. Make sure to stay in a room away on the outside that is on the same side as the front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize for the issue with the noise from the airplane maintenance. I will check in to this situation, as we do not normally have this kind of noise complaints. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. The biggest reason being the location. Literally a 5 minute walk from the front desk to check in for your flights. No need for a shuttle. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel clean, all the amenities you need, nice pool (hot tub WAY too small though). Rooms were a decent size, comfy beds. I wish every airport had this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon.
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel was used for our reunion of nurses. The food for the banquet and the room was excellent. Staff were very helpful and courteous. The pool was too cold and the hot tub too small. Somewhat difficult to find the front of the hotel. Staff at front desk were rather slow in registering and could not check HH honors due to computer problems. Woman at bar on 10-26-13 was rude and not friendly at all. Other staff were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the reunion! I do want to apologize for the problems you experienced wih swimming pool being too cold and poor service in the bar. i will take action to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Johnson City, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Hilton Airport at Knoxville is an outstanding place to stay and relax. They also allow me to park my vehicle for the duration of my trip and thereby makes the travel more convenient (proximity) and economical.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.