“Friendly and helpful staff; old and decrepit hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Knoxville Airport

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Chapel Hill, United States
“Friendly and helpful staff; old and decrepit hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is in desperate need of a facelift. It's old and tired, and not up to standard for a Hilton. I paid-up to be in the Executive Floor, and still got a worn-out room with a broken toilet. The staff was superb in its effort to handle the problem, but they just don't have anything better to offer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our staff and service as well as your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our property. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the location - walking distance to the airport. The room was very tired looking. Needs updating and a thorough cleaning. No fridge or microwave. The bathroom was very small. The bathroom door had to be forced to close properly. No complimentary breakfast. Check in and check out was smooth. The employees were friendly. Will stay somewhere else next time flying out. Also charge 50 cents for a local call. Seriously?

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with our executive team as we strive to improve and ensure every guest is satisfied. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Gatlinburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Checked into the Hilton at 1:00 AM Saturday, April 12, 2014, with reservations already made.
Room with 2 double beds for 2 adults, 1 child. We were told it had been a difficult day, and the only room they had left was a King.....he offered to bring a twin bed to the room....tired and not wanting to fight...said okay. Got to the room, the bellman showed up with a bed on wheels, reaching to the ceiling..."here's your bed." I then asked him to set the bed up..." I don't do that." I then replied for him to take his bed and leave. I don't know that the furniture could have been arranged for such as this. It was a handicapped room, and dirty. This hotel is close to the airport, and can walk to the airport which is why we stay here. It continually goes DOWNHILL!!The next morning spoke with the desk clerk. he stated he would adjust the bill......bahhahahah, he reduced the bill by $23.93. My email states what I was getting...and none of that happened.I am a silver member...I wonder what the "others" get when they stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I appreciate your candid review of your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment not matching your reservation as comfort and satisfaction are my highest priority for our guests. I have reviewed your comments with our management team and will take action to make sure these problems do not occur again. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate the level of hospitality you expect and deserve as a valued HHonors member.
Dickson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here because of a continuing education program for our profession. It was at the Hilton, so we decided to stay on site. It was a good decision to stay there. The hotel is a little older, but well kept. I would definitely stay again and eat on site and hopefully use the pool.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Am a Diamond member of Hilton Honors. Checked into the hotel. Was told I was upgraded to a better room. Sounds great. When I went up to my room, boy was I surprised at what I found.

The room was closed up like a cave with the blinds closed tightly shut. When I opened them I found out why. The carpet, which is dated, had stain marks throughout the room. The bathroom was the size of a small broom closet. The entry way to the room reeked of cigarettes, even though it is supposedly no smoking.

I went to the front desk to inquire about this and seemed to talk with the manager on duty. I mentioned my issues and all he could offer was an apathetic look. Never offered to move my room or see what could be done to resolve the issues.

It was then that I decided to call the "Diamond" desk at Hilton to move my hotel for the night. They were able to get me a room at the Hampton Inn 5 minutes from the airport. It is a much nicer property. When I collected all my belongings and headed down to the front desk, it seemed that the woman who checked me into the property knew I wasn't going to stay.

They made no effort at all to resolve any of my concerns and the manager who I had talked with earlier didn't even bother to come out of his office right off the front desk. They did not charge me for the hour I was at the property. That was the best thing about the ordeal.

Don't waste your money staying at this property. You will be very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. With the attitude of the staff and the poor quality of the rooms it isn't...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I appreciate your candid review of your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and satisfaction are my highest priority for our guests. I have reviewed your comments with our front desk and maintenance teams who will use them as we continually evolve to provide the best hotel experience possible to each of our guests. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate the level of hospitality you expect and deserve as a valued HHonors member.
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My adult kids had a very early flight out Sunday morning and they had a very comfortable stay at the Hilton Airport. I stayed the next night for the same reason and it was perfect. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I even got to catch up with Game of Thrones on HBO on a very large modern LG Flat Screen Television. The linen on the bed was very clean and crisp. The bathroom had many complimentary shower supplies. The bath towels were large and seemed new. It was raining the morning I left and I was able to stay dry the entire short walk under cover from the hotel to the door of the Knoxville Airport. I will absolutely stay there if my travel ever takes me back to Knoxville TN.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for the review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your business, and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here on a business trip to Knoxville. Location is great, literally walk to the hotel from the airport. Check in was so-so...front desk clerk was overloaded with check-ins, including a problem, as well as several phone calls. When I got there the clerk was both professional and gracious, but she neglected to mention how to get to the elevators. Arrived in the room on the Executive Level and found one of the complimentary bathrobes on the closet floor, the hair dryer still outside its bag and the waste basket liners cracked and ill fitting. There were two items that were not vacuumed up off the floor both days I was there. Service in the lounge was excellent on both evenings, Patricia was most gracious, engaging and accommodating. An ok stay, but really below the level I have come to expect from Hilton. Some attention to detail is definitely in order here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the problems you experienced at check in and with housekeeping in your room. I will take action to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#22 of 87 in Knoxville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,109 reviews

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!