“The most consistently outstanding staff!!”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stay here frequently and absolutely love this hotel! Yes, the hotel is slated for a major renovation soon (which it needs for the price) but the front desk--especially Artis!!!--is welcoming and helpful and always make us know we are appreciated. The beds give wonderful sleep with good pillows, mattresses and linens and I like the fact that the a/c is a bit loud as the white noise allows us to sleep undisturbed from the airport or hall noise. If you are on the Executive floor, the ladies in the lounge are so delightful both in the evening and morning with nice simple dining options; unlike another reviewer, I have consistently found the fruit fresh and a nice assortment along with cereals and whole grain breads available. The restaurant has some tasty items and the buffets are well stocked and kept clean. The convenience of staying within walking distance to the airport is grand with a very early or very late flight. The highlight certainly is the staff and we enjoy them immensely!

Room Tip: There are both outside rooms and inside ones that overlook the atrium. Outside are bright and sunny...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel was rundown, in one of the hallways the wallpaper was literally fall off of the wall, the room was the same way, the AC was so load I couldn't sleep, and the fact that breakfast was included in the cost of the room was a let down. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel and breakfast wasn't included. will not be returning to a Hilton anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward . Thank you very much for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Absent of the proximity to the local airport (3 minutes walk), there is little to recommend this property.

Welcoming, hard working associates are deprived of achieving greatness, by the lack of investment in this hotel.

Old, beige furnishings, with loud, wall mounted a/c units, the sort of carpet that you want to wear shoes or socks around.

Executive Floor is a joke - whoever is in charge of the 'breakfast' selection should read up on nutrition and the 21st Century. High fructose products, combined with liquid eggs and a fruit platter that looks second hand is really poor quality.

A 'new' coffee machine has to have an attendant explain how to use it.

Finally, what is it with House Keeping who use Walkie Talkie type radios to communicate (loudly) in the hallways.

Until Hilton, the management and owners decide to invest in training, upgrades and better food selection, then let the hotel fail. Not worth the dollar amount - at any cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. Thank you very much for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is in desperate need of a facelift. It's old and tired, and not up to standard for a Hilton. I paid-up to be in the Executive Floor, and still got a worn-out room with a broken toilet. The staff was superb in its effort to handle the problem, but they just don't have anything better to offer.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our staff and service as well as your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our property. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the location - walking distance to the airport. The room was very tired looking. Needs updating and a thorough cleaning. No fridge or microwave. The bathroom was very small. The bathroom door had to be forced to close properly. No complimentary breakfast. Check in and check out was smooth. The employees were friendly. Will stay somewhere else next time flying out. Also charge 50 cents for a local call. Seriously?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with our executive team as we strive to improve and ensure every guest is satisfied. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Checked into the Hilton at 1:00 AM Saturday, April 12, 2014, with reservations already made.
Room with 2 double beds for 2 adults, 1 child. We were told it had been a difficult day, and the only room they had left was a King.....he offered to bring a twin bed to the room....tired and not wanting to fight...said okay. Got to the room, the bellman showed up with a bed on wheels, reaching to the ceiling..."here's your bed." I then asked him to set the bed up..." I don't do that." I then replied for him to take his bed and leave. I don't know that the furniture could have been arranged for such as this. It was a handicapped room, and dirty. This hotel is close to the airport, and can walk to the airport which is why we stay here. It continually goes DOWNHILL!!The next morning spoke with the desk clerk. he stated he would adjust the bill......bahhahahah, he reduced the bill by $23.93. My email states what I was getting...and none of that happened.I am a silver member...I wonder what the "others" get when they stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I appreciate your candid review of your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment not matching your reservation as comfort and satisfaction are my highest priority for our guests. I have reviewed your comments with our management team and will take action to make sure these problems do not occur again. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate the level of hospitality you expect and deserve as a valued HHonors member.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here because of a continuing education program for our profession. It was at the Hilton, so we decided to stay on site. It was a good decision to stay there. The hotel is a little older, but well kept. I would definitely stay again and eat on site and hopefully use the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#20 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!