“Clean, friendly staff, warm bar”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Clean, friendly staff, warm bar”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Easy check-in, smiling clerk. Room was clean and had plenty of light and space. Bar staff were friendly and welcoming with good food specials and free veggie tray and dip. Desperately needs a premium scotch, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away facing Alcoa Hwy, less airplane noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass along your comments concerning the premium scotch to our F&B Director. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The service we received at the Hilton was wonderful. We were there for my daughters wedding. The assistance we received from Tierra was wonderful and she was so helpful with all our reservations and questions/emails about the reservations etc. We used the shuttle to and from my daughters wedding venue (as it was within 5 miles). They did several trips and the driver was wonderful. The lounge was great, can't say enough about how wonderful Jean was to us "out of towners". I am not sure why people would get upset because of having to show ID when being served in the lounge, its the law. I loved it when I had to be asked, it made me feel kind of young again, lol. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. I would suggest asking for an outside room (just my preference to see natural light). Some maintenance in the room might be suggested as I noticed under the counter in the bathroom the wall paper was taped. I would have never have noticed if I didn't drop something and have to crawl on the floor to get it. Bathrooms are a little tight but didn't bother me any as long as my husband and I were not in there at the same time. The restaurant was okay. Food was good but service was lacking at times. Requested a salad with my meal and I never received it so I asked that it be taken off my bill and when I went to pay I didn't realize that it was not removed from my bill. Service was slow one day where it took 10 mins before a menu was even brought to us and there was only another couple in the restaurant. These things are nothing major and I would definetly recommed staying at this hotel again. Thank you again to all the staff at the HiIton Knoxville for making our stay a pleasant one and I definitely will be back next time I am in Knoxville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope your daughter's wedding was wonderful! I want to apologize for the slow service in the restaurant and I assure you I will take action to make sure it does not happen again. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Alabama
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel. Staff is always very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable. Just be sure you ask for room that faces the outside and not one off the inside bar area. The outside rooms are much more quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed this third stay with us. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!
Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Darlene, lobby attendant did something very special during this stay and I would like to do everything in my power to make sure she is recognized for it. During a casual conversation with her in the lobby, I told her my daughter jus got a horse. She, being a horse owner, came in the next day on her day off, and left some items for my daughter in my room (for her horse). In 8 years of being a diamond member, this is by far the most thoughtful thing any Hilton employee has ever done and she should be praised not just for being a great employee, but for being an all-around great human being. These are the types of employees we should truly cherish and embrace as an example for all those around us. I have spoken with your manager as well and really hope she is given some sort of award or something and recognized for what she did last week. My daughter is writing her a thank you card and we are sending it to the hotel. I am totally blown away. Amazing individual.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate your nice comments on Darlene and I will make sure to pass those along to her and recognize her for a JOB WELL DONE! Thank you very much for your business and I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again soon.;
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Location of this hotel is great if you need to be at the airport (it's all but attached) but not so great for Knoxville as it's quite a drive to town. A very average Hilton. Room was fine and clean, but uninspiring, bathroom a little grim. Public bar area quite nice, restaurant also uninspiring. Staff at breakfast not attentive at all, very difficult to get service, and not very friendly. All in all fairly forgettable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your honest input and I will use your comments as we continue to strive to improve our guests' experience . I hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Seminole, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We chose this hotel because 1) it was a Hilton and 2) it was attached to the airport. Has a nice walkway from hotel to airport, which makes it worth staying there to avoid hotel shuttles. It is an older hotel, but it was in good condition. Staff were friendly except for the waiter we had in the restaurant who seemed like he would rather be anywhere but there and whom we overheard making fun of customers order drinks with names he felt were made up.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal. I apologize for the poor service from the waiter in our restaurant and assure you that I will take action to make sure it does not happen again! Thank you very much for your business and I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again soon.;
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed here at least a dozen times. It is my favorite hotel in the whole world for many reasons, one reason being it is so conveniently located to the terminal. It has become my sanctuary after many long, grueling flights. I usually stay on the Concierge floor and greatly appreciate the lavish buffet both morning and evening. The rates are fair, and the staff epitomizes Southern hospitality. Keep up the good work. I will see all you lovely people again in a few weeks!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad our hotel is your favorite one and assure you that we will strive to continue to be! Thank you very much for your business and I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again soon.;