“Stay at the Hampton Inn near the airport-Maryville”

Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Jefferson, United States
“Stay at the Hampton Inn near the airport-Maryville”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Rates were reasonable, rooms were well appointed enough and very clean and the staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. Location was pretty central if you were doing anything in the general area of Louisville, Maryville.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TYSAP, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello,

Sounds like a great stay! You are correct, anything in Maryville is extremely accessible from our hotel, but don't forget, Downtown Knoxville and the University of Tennessee are only 15 minutes away!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Soddy Daisy, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good surroundings and easy access to restraunts and other conveniences, quiet rooms even though directly across from the airport. Clean rooms, nicely updated entrance and breadfast area. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel. Quite refreshing and made my stay for business less stressful. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast area was kept very clean and well planned out set-up. They also offered glutton free and sugar free alternatives. Coffee area open all day as well as nice cider in the evening. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Bloomington Springs, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

These days when you book a room, it's hard to tell when you enter the room what hotel you are staying at and no matter how much you pay you feel jipped when you walk in. They all look the same. The caulking in the tubs dirty, the beds have paper thin comforters, etc. BUT that has NOT been the case with either of my stays at Hampton Inn. The bathrooms are CLEAN! So clean you feel more like your in a spa than a hotel. The beds are CLEAN!! So clean and fresh you cannot resist falling into those beautiful white fluffy comforters. The furniture and decor isn't the typical particle board or press board, but feels rich and more like you are in a guest bedroom rather than a hotel room. The rooms are beautiful, clean, spacious, comfortable. You will not be disappointed with this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Winter Springs, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

No microwave or refrigerator in double rooms, only king. No guest laundry facilities. Staff very friendly and helpful and did put in a micro and refrig when I asked about it. Disappointed I could not do laundry as I travel light and do a load while I am gone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TYSAP, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Hello,

I'm glad you found our staff hospitable. Microwaves and refrigerators are not standard amenities for Hampton Inns, although as you pointed out, we do have them in all the King Rooms. We understand guests don't always have the time to check a room's amenities online, especially when they are staying at multiple hotels over a short period of time. This is exactly why we keep extra microwaves and refrigerators on hand, to help our guests whenever there is a concern. With that said, putting these amenities in all of our rooms is something on our radar, so hopefully that is something we will be announcing in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Augusta, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Upon arriving to check in the front office lady J. was VERY NICE, COURTEOUS and assured me she would leave my request at the front for the evening manager on duty that came in at 11pm. I know she did her part as I saw her write in at least 2 places. The evening manager who I was told Saturday afternoon upon coming back form work had been there about 9yrs. did not full fill the request left and I was late for work the 1st day. My request was based on this was 1st trip back after being very sick in the hospital (cancer) and had strong meds to take at bedtime. I knew it made me tired, sleep hard and was VERY worried about hearing the phone and alarm, which is why I had a request to verify I was awake as traveling by myself. Again, J. was awesome and assured me that was no problem. Unfortunately it was not full-filled and upon waking up late I received a phone call from the front telling me they "they had forgotten". I did appreciate their honesty but did not help at that point. Had I known that was such a problem for them I would have stayed the full service Hilton right up the street as I'd initially planned. Unfortunately I made a bad decision as I do know they would have accommodated my requests as they always do at the Hilton. The beds in the room I was in was very clean and looked comfortable all though looks were deceiving. Those were the most uncomfortable beds and so springy you could feel the springs. They say you have 100% satisfactory guarantee, which being late for work DID NOT SATISFY ME. I would have expected after 1.5yrs. of travel for work and being a Diamond member someone could have accommodated a simple wake-up confirmation request. I am sure you would NOT want your employees late for work their 1st day back after medical leave and the doctor I came to work with in Knoxville really didn't care the hotel "forgot about their guest request". Had I received as I asked then I had PLENTY of time to be on time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TYSAP, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello,

I am so sorry you were late to your appointment. I am aware that the two wake-up calls did go to your room, but our GSA did not make sure you were awake as per your request. I know this mistake put you in an unpleasant situation. Please understand when our GSA spoke to you she was only trying to admit a mistake was made. I also know she personally made sure this was corrected for the next day. We always live up to our 100% Guarantee, so I have refunded 1 night to the card on file. Because I know how deeply inconvenienced you were, I'm also adding 20,000 points to your HHonors card, which for our hotel would equate to a free night. I hope you accept my sincerest apology and would like for you to give us another shot in the future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Great place to lay your head down on way to the Biltmore Estate. Nice Italian restaurant right across the street and very reasonably priced as well. And of course the cookies at Hampton Inn were too good to resist.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple