“Great, even with Renovation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Kind of worried after reading a few reviews about the renovations going on. But this our stay was better than I imagined. Love the sound proof windows! And the young lady that checked us in was SUPER NICE! What really impressed me is that Fairfield offers the lowest rate hands down. I even checked with booking sites and Fairfield offered the same low rates booking through their website. Very impressed! Hope LaQuinta keeps up the same quality after the name is officially changed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 November 2013

As you see from other reviews, this property is undergoing major renovation in late 2013. My opinions were not influenced by those expected inconveniences from the construction. Upon arrival, I was pleased with the firendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff. They are doing a great job under difficult circumstances. I was provided a room that had its renovation completed, and the furnishings were nice for a Fairfield Inn. I have two major complaints with the property. First, my room faced away from the highway and airport. Yet the airport and highway noise in my room was significant. A hotel in such an enviornment needs to have better sound proofing. But even those sounds were overshadowed by the roar of the heating/cooling wall unit, which came on intermittently during the night since it was a cold evening outside. I wish I had a sound meter to measure the decibels of the fan on that machine. It was difficult for me to sleep through, so I did not have a restful sleep in that room. My second complaint is with the TV channel selection. The TV had about half the available channels of a different Fairfield Inn in the Knoxville area that I stayed in this same week. Both hotels use Charter cable, but the Alcoa property does not have access to the NBC Sports Network, which put a significant damper on my evening enjoyment.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing away from the highway, but bring some earplugs anyway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 59stevem
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times for University of Tennessee football games. The positives for us were always the free breakfasts and economical pricing. However, we returned to this hotel this weekend for the first time in a while and were pleasantly surprised with an ongoing renovation of the rooms and common areas of the property. Although the check in, breakfast and first floor common areas are still under construction, the rooms are newly decorated and appointed with mini refrigerators and microwaves, new furniture and mattresses as well as new carpet and flooring. As a repeat customer, the changes in the rooms alone are worth the return visit. Free breakfast is still being served albeit in the elevator area on the 2nd floor; but the effort to make guests welcome during the renovation and transition is appreciated. Rates at this Fairfield fluctuate during the football/soccer/event season, but we paid $89. Plus tax on a football Sat. Night and felt we got a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Construction throughout out hotel lobby and hallways. Room was great. Looks new, fresh, modern. My tub did have rust discoloration from water standing. Parking is crowded due to construction dumpsters, etc. The continental breakfast is in th corner of the hallway. Close to airport.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

It's tough and perhaps a little unfair to critique a hotel based on things that aren't really within their control. Having said that, the construction underway at the Fairfield Inn made this stay much less pleasant than it could have been.

When I arrived the construction workers had the disabled parking spots blocked with their private vehicles. That's inconsiderate (illegal, too, but that's beside the point) -- not Fairfield's fault but the Fairfield customer has to suffer because of it. Another issue with the workers came the next morning when I went to put my bags in the trunk of my car. I popped my trunk and a construction worker's Gatorade went flying. The drink had obviously been sitting on my car (which he apparently mistook as his personal table) for some time because a ring from the bottom of the bottle was evident long after I left.

When I returned to the hotel at approximately 11:30 p.m. there was only one entrance available -- through the under-construction lobby. The other exits were "exit only" and couldn't be entered from the outside by the room keycard. This proved problematic because the front door was locked and there wasn't anyone at the desk for a good three minutes to allow me to enter.

As for the room, it was very nice. I didn't have any noise from the pool (the room's windows didn't look outside into the parking lot but into the indoor pool), but there was a little noise in the morning due to the fact that the breakfast area was set up in the second-floor area outside my door.

I stayed a second night in Knoxville but because of the problems with the construction workers I opted to stay at another Fairfield in east Knoxville. Perhaps Fairfield could put notifications on the web site when a property is undergoing renovations.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that overlook the indoor pool, which may be noisy in the busier season.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel was a perfect location for staying overnight before an early morning flight. The airport entrance is literally right across the highway. The hotel was in the midst of a makeover so there was some clutter and construction throughout the hotel but our room was very clean and looked brand new. Everything in the room was in good condition and the staff was very friendly. Would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nothing fancy but very clean with comfortable bedding, nice linens, and plump towels. They leave extra towels and pillows in the room, which is unusual for most hotels. They had a nice assortment for breakfast. I traveled with my elderly mother and when she asked for milk that evening, the desk clerk went to the kitchen and brought out milk.
They are located within 5 minutes of the airport and next door to Ruby Tuesdays. Starbucks is just across the street. I returned my rental car one evening and the shuttle picked me up and then was happy to take me back to the airport the next morning.
You won't find a better place for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor in one of the handicap rooms. They were very quiet and easily accessi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family