“Good stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Lamar, Missouri
“Good stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Rooms were great nice n roomy bed were wonderful quiet rooms pet friendly and a good place to walk your dog behind the hotel wish more hotels were pet friendly like this excellent location good coffee n hot tea choices

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stay here twice a month, the newly renovated rooms and lobby are VERY nice and clean and modern. The new beds are amazing I could sleep for days! The workers are always very very nice and so welcoming and will help with anything you need! I love staying at Fairfield it is a good price and definitely worth your money. It us a great hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I picked this hotel because it was Marriott foremost and the lowest price I had ever received. I went about 10 miles out of the way to stay there. When I arrived I saw the construction. The person on staff quickly checked me in and advised all would be ok even with the construction. The room was perfect. When I checked out I left something important behind. The staff called my home and left a message. When I called back they went above and beyond to help me out. Thank you Taylor and Emmie .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Kind of worried after reading a few reviews about the renovations going on. But this our stay was better than I imagined. Love the sound proof windows! And the young lady that checked us in was SUPER NICE! What really impressed me is that Fairfield offers the lowest rate hands down. I even checked with booking sites and Fairfield offered the same low rates booking through their website. Very impressed! Hope LaQuinta keeps up the same quality after the name is officially changed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2013

As you see from other reviews, this property is undergoing major renovation in late 2013. My opinions were not influenced by those expected inconveniences from the construction. Upon arrival, I was pleased with the firendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff. They are doing a great job under difficult circumstances. I was provided a room that had its renovation completed, and the furnishings were nice for a Fairfield Inn. I have two major complaints with the property. First, my room faced away from the highway and airport. Yet the airport and highway noise in my room was significant. A hotel in such an enviornment needs to have better sound proofing. But even those sounds were overshadowed by the roar of the heating/cooling wall unit, which came on intermittently during the night since it was a cold evening outside. I wish I had a sound meter to measure the decibels of the fan on that machine. It was difficult for me to sleep through, so I did not have a restful sleep in that room. My second complaint is with the TV channel selection. The TV had about half the available channels of a different Fairfield Inn in the Knoxville area that I stayed in this same week. Both hotels use Charter cable, but the Alcoa property does not have access to the NBC Sports Network, which put a significant damper on my evening enjoyment.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing away from the highway, but bring some earplugs anyway.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 59stevem
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times for University of Tennessee football games. The positives for us were always the free breakfasts and economical pricing. However, we returned to this hotel this weekend for the first time in a while and were pleasantly surprised with an ongoing renovation of the rooms and common areas of the property. Although the check in, breakfast and first floor common areas are still under construction, the rooms are newly decorated and appointed with mini refrigerators and microwaves, new furniture and mattresses as well as new carpet and flooring. As a repeat customer, the changes in the rooms alone are worth the return visit. Free breakfast is still being served albeit in the elevator area on the 2nd floor; but the effort to make guests welcome during the renovation and transition is appreciated. Rates at this Fairfield fluctuate during the football/soccer/event season, but we paid $89. Plus tax on a football Sat. Night and felt we got a bargain.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kim T
Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Construction throughout out hotel lobby and hallways. Room was great. Looks new, fresh, modern. My tub did have rust discoloration from water standing. Parking is crowded due to construction dumpsters, etc. The continental breakfast is in th corner of the hallway. Close to airport.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends