“The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Hampton
“The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

There were bugs crawling around the pool and my room. My sheets and mattress pad had stains, a hair that was not mine or my husbands and bugs on them! I called the front desk and Jakie, the front desk clerk, said he could give us sheets but there where no extra mattress pads. (Why are there only just enough, do they ever wash them??) When he brought the sheets to our room he told us it was not his job to change sheets. I asked him for corporate's number and he walked out and slammed the door!!! When he got back with the number I told him that was rude, he replied "the door just does that." As he was leaving the room again, my husband said "Can you please make sure the door does not slam," and BAM the door slams again!!!!

Luckily we where able to find a hotel nearby with an
open room. I will NEVER stay at the Comfort Suites again!

Save your time and money... find another hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Neil M, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you have encountered and assure that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide our guests. Your incident has been taken very seriously by all of our staff.

However, it should be noted that this is an isolated incident. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as we have pest control come regularly and have not had a bug problem in the past. I have also personally addressed this issue with Jackie and our housekeeping staff.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please contact me personally at 865-984-9840.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oneida, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had an early flight out of McGhee-Tyson. That, coupled with the fact that we live an hour north of Knoxville, led me to look for a room near the airport. We were going to be gone 9 days or so and when I saw that I could get a room at Comfort Suites Airport with parking for the duration for about the same as I would have paid for airport parking alone, I knew it would be just the ticket! And it was. Don't get me wrong... It's not a 5-star luxury hotel, but it's clean, the staff was courteous and efficient and we made our flight easily. I wish I could review the breakfast, but our flight left too danged early!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your review. We are so pleased that our property worked for you. We hope that you return soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I love the customer service I always receive when I stay at the Alcoa, TN Comfort Suites.
The owner Neil and his staff are very kind and hospitable. It is a convinent location. The rooms are spacious.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review! Our staff thanks you for recognizing their customer service. We are also pleased that the location was convenient and rooms were spacious for you. We hope you return soon!
Celina, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff was great. Also allowed us to park our car at the hotel for 10 days for only $25. A lot less expensive than airport parking, even when you add in the cost of the room for one night! The downside was old, slow computers, if you are looking for Internet connectivity. Areas of the hotel could use a paint touchup, but room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Neil M, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. Our staff thanks you for recognizing their customer service. We have relayed your comment about the Internet and paint touchup to the proper team members and are working on addressing these issues.

We are so pleased that your stay was convenient and comfortable, and we hope you return soon!
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

When you read "Comfort Suites", you anticipate a fairly decent hotel, but not this one. From semi-surly night clerk to the 2 doors that don;t function because management has chosen not to fix the electronic key door (instead put a sign up - and one door added a sign since last visit). Luggage dolly had a flat tire. Our room had the same smudged walls showing poor paint job. Bath was redone and decent. Only parking is on far side of hotel - at one of the doors that doesn't work.

Didn't eat breakfast, so can't comment on that. We chose the hotel due to the large price difference between it and another Choice property close by, but it is not worth it to stay here. As a diamond level member, I stay a lot at Choice Hotel properties and this is one that embarrasses the brand.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your review. Its reviews like yours that will allow us to continue to grow. If you have any further concern or questions, please feel free contact us at 865-984-9840.

We are working on fixing the key door and have fixed the luggage dolly. We have also relayed the additional items mentioned in your review to the proper team member to discuss future renovations.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was friendly and very nice. The hotel was clean. However, up entering the room, there was something 'wrong' with the walls. It was as if they had been painted but dark spots possible moisture stains/drips very evident. I almost feared something was wrong with my room (mold or moisture). The furniture is extremely dated. I would feel confident in saying the furniture has been the same since opening, very 70s in nature. The bathroom has definitely been updated and modern. The hot tub in the room..... Pink, very dated. The mattress when checked appeared to be new and slept great. The air unit is not on the wall, this too is retro unit on the side of the room like back in the day. Breakfast was good but nothing to write home about. This hotel ranked high on comfort's site. But I definitely have found more modern and well maintained hotels in the area since leaving (main stay, holiday inn, etc). I wouldn't stay again... You do get what you pay for and I would rather pay a little more for more modernized room.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Marketingmind
We strive to receive 100% satisfaction from every guest and are disheartened to hear that we fell short with your stay. Its reviews like yours that will allow us to continue to grow.

I have relayed your review to the proper team members to discuss possible future renovations. If you have any further concern or questions, please feel free contact us at 865-984-9840

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you give us a second chance.
Jellico, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here on May 8th and 9th 2014. We have always stayed at Choice Privilege properties because of the excellent service. We have stayed at this one several times when we needed to leave a car when we use the airport.

On the night of the 9th, our truck and cargo trailer was stolen from their parking lot. The manager Anil Meral was very unconcerned never once said "We are sorry". We were finally able to see the tape from their camera and it took approximately twenty minutes for them to steal the truck.

We had no theft insurance on the trailer. I asked the manager if they had coverage. He said he would let me know. After calling him for two days he finally said they had no insurance for this. I asked Mr. Meral who was above him because this was unacceptable. He informed me that he was the top. There was no one else. He also told me I signed a release form when I registered that made them not liable.

I've never been treated like this at any other Choice Privelege property. I would tell anyone considering staying here to go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dmzwright
Neil M, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I would like to extend our sincerest apology for your stolen truck. We did have security cameras in our parking lot and have been working with the Alcoa Police Department to find those behind the theft.

We have been operating this property for 17 years and never have had a vehicle stolen before.

Since we allow our customers to park at our property without any extra fee, we are not responsible for this theft.

Again, we are deeply sorry about this incident and are still working with the Alcoa Police Department.