Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alcoa Inn(Alcoa)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfull size fridgean extended stay hotelonly stayed one nighttwo burner stoveaccess roadbed was very comfortableprice was reasonablewould stay here againa great place to stayfront desk staffstaff was very friendlyparking lotearly flightnext morningdishwasherpropertykitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Two words: bed bugs. We found bed bugs in our bed. One of them was on us and appeared " well fed" when killed. I will say though that staff and management were very helpful in relocating us to a different hotel (at 2am). It was a home game weekend in Knoxville and rooms were very hard to come by. I received a call from the manager the next day and he assured me the issue would betaken care of immediately. Priority Club was not helpful at all when trying to find a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Margaret Y
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this has to be one of the most comfortable beds I've experienced. The hotel looks relatively new. As an extended stay hotel it had a nice kitchenette. There were 2 things keeping me from giving it 5 stars. The first is that the family above me had kids that jumped off the beds and ran around for hours at bedtime. 2 calls from the desk didn't do much, but they settled down by 11 so didn't interfere with sleep. The second is that it would have been nice to offer a small continental breakfast. The coffee and for sale items were in a locked room and it didn't feel welcoming. Overall a nice place to stay. Close to tons of restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This Candlewood Suites was definitely NOT showing any age problems. The exterior and interior both appeared to be freshly painted, and the lobby area was very nicely done. Our room was large, immaculate, contained a full sized refrigerator with icemakee (they have ice at front desk to get you started) and dishwasher. the bed was kingsized, very comfortable, and the linens were immaculate as well. A recliner and fairly large flat screen added to our enjoyment. We were on the second floor, and could see a very nice grilling area on the back lawn with a gazebo and seating area for cookouts. All in all an excellent choice at a VERY reasonable price. We will stay here often when visiting family in Maryville.

Room Tip: Because the building is far from the road, it is very quiet even though by the airport. We had no trouble with noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at the Candlewood in Alcoa while there on business and I have mixed emotions about the hotel. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly, and the location was convenient. The hotel is starting to show its age and a basic paint job would certainly be a nice improvement. My room has stains on the wall around the stove area and on most of the walls on my floor. Because it's an extended stay property you only get housekeeping services once a week. The free laundry facilities are a nice touch but the washers and dryers were dirty. This property was nicer than the last Candlewood I stayed in and just a few minor upgrades and maintenance could improve it a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room away from the parking lot; they're quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear ronsreviews,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I'm pleased to know that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had because of the condition of our hotel. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Conveniently near the airport but far enough from the highway to benefit from the quiet, the Candlewood Suites was a pleasant oasis during my solo trip to Alcoa.

This is an extended-stay hotel, so they tend to leave guests to pursue their own lives. But the gym, pool, and available barbecue grill makes life here more like apartment living than a resort.

Each room has an minimally equipped kitchenette (full-sized refrigerator, sink, cook-top, microwave, and coffee-maker). Breakfast was not available, but a convenience store, run on the "honor system," is near the lobby. And if you want convenience, Starbuck's is half-a-block's walk away.

The room appeared newly furnished and included a recliner. My view from the 3rd floor rear-window included a panorama of the Great Smoky Mountains. Wifi worked flawlessly, as did all of the room's electronics.

I would without hesitation highly recommend this Candlewood for a solo traveler who needs a temporary home away from home in the Knoxville-Alcoa-Maryville area.

• Stayed: June 2012