“Had to leave to feel safe” 1 of 5 bubbles

Budget Inn Alcoa
Budget Inn Alcoa
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Durham, North Carolina
“Had to leave to feel safe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I checked in around midnight and first off my card key would not work. Then the front desk clerk sent the maintenance man to walk back with me and open the door with a master key. He was more interested in finding out if I was alone. He kept asking me where my friends were. After he got my room open for me he said he wanted to check the microwave and refrigerator. I refused to let him in. I locked the door but noticed he was still hanging around. Since he had the master key I did not feel safe. As soon as he left I loaded up my car and left. I called the front desk and told them what happened. The desk clerk said to come back that the maintenance man was harmless. I did not fell safe and did not go back. When I was able to contact the manger the next day she said she reviewed the tapes and was certain he did not speak to me. How she was able to find that out from a security camera was beyond me. I did notify the police. Needless to say I will not return to this hotel nor will I ever stay at a Budget Inn again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 60Mum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We had to move hotels as cockroaches were all in our room (At least two BIG ones and three babies), all in the hallways, everywhere! And this is not some fake vendetta posting. I swear, they were everywhere! Even two tiny dead ones near my friend's bed, and the bottom of the skirting boards were all eaten away (I'm guessing by the roaches.) The guy behind the counter tried to move us, saying ten doors down there were no roaches, but I knew it was no use. We went, and the room was tore up and under construction with a plastic mat on the floor and nuts and bolts everywhere and...ugggggh! He did have red eyes, so he was either on something or just beyond tired, the desk guy. Until they spray this hotel for roaches, it should be condemned!

Room Tip: Don't evvven stay here! :S!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelinman011

Travellers are raving about these Alcoa hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This motel couldn't get any worse really... we saw cockroaches outside around the complex and worse of all we had 3 of them in our room crawling the walls and 2 dead ones next to my bed. The man at reception was worse than useless... as far as we could tell he was STONED. He sent us to a room 3 doors down and it was a bomb site in there with an unmade bed, nails along the heater and a sheet on the floor as if someone had been in there fixing the place up. And boy does it need fixing up!!!! Then to make matters worse I have received an email to inform me I need to pay $39.99 for a "no show" even though mr pot head on reception told me I wouldn't be charged!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank C B
Middlesboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel plenty of times. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always nice. Did I mention? Great price!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank HisSweetness10
DAYSINNALCOA, Manager at Budget Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 4 February 2011
We thank you very much for your posting. Hope to see you again soon.

-Budget Inn Staff
Digdug
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

It is not fancy but it is clean and comfortable.
It really is a very good value check the weekly rate

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Digdug_9
Thank you for your post. We appreciate the support and hope to see you soon.

-Budget Inn Staff